• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is my weight loss too fast?

Serapis Bey

Hello,

Im 2 days past my 6 month surgiversery and thought I would evaluate my weight loss so far. As I've mentioned before, my main goal is to have moderate paced & sustained weight loss, but the post important factor is as much retention of muscle tissue/tone as possible.

I'm averaging a loss of a stone every 6 weeks. This seems a bit fast to me. I'm purposely ensuring that I eat good fats and plenty of protein to prevent me going into starvation mode.

I guess I'm asking is a stone every 6 weeks too fast?

Thank you

Hiya, No, I think that you're losing at a good steady rate. You still have a fair way to go, and wl may well slow down further still as you get nearer goal and the 'window of wl opportunity' closes. Average wl following surgery is a stone a month so you are well below that, and some people lose 2 stone a month. Now tha'ts fast!
At the end of the day, if you're happy and healthy then you're going at the right rate for you.

hi,

id say not - however if you are not comfortable with that much then id re-assess what you are eating, exercise etc. thats my average and Im over the moon with it! id prefer 1 stone per month but its generally every 6 weeks. .... its up the individual. how much mre do you have to lose? xx

I think you will find that the weight loss will slow down sometime soon.
Mine has and I am happy that it has. I try to eat more now than I did at first because I want to pace the loss a try to lose a little more slowly.
Saying that though, i have hardly lost anything this week but I am truly pleased about that because I think my body needed a break.
Lynne x

hi,

I'd say not - however if you are not comfortable with that much then id re-assess what you are eating, exercise etc. thats my average and Im over the moon with it! id prefer 1 stone per month but its generally every 6 weeks. .... its up the individual. how much mre do you have to lose? xx

At the moment I can't really influence my wl as I'm restricted in what I can eat (Still on soft foods and it's a bit hit and miss) and some days eat so little that I'd expect to lose LOADS. But what I 'd like and expect aren't the reality. I think 6 weeks for a stone is really good but a stone a month is fab ! Funnily, I think I'll eventually be able to slow my wl but no matter what I do won't be abler to speed it up !:mad:

Hi , I think you are doing very well , im losing at about the same rate , arnt we lucky !?!
I noticed you mention starvation mode .... when i went for my post op check up last week, i discussed my hair loss and my very weak nails ,and the nurse said that its to be expected on a starvation diet... so starvation mode is not our enemy.
I think you are doing so well , Congratulations !! All the best xxx

I lost a stone a month for the first few months but its slowing now to about half a stone per month which is ideal.As long as it never comes back I dont care if it takes a couple of years.Just think If I had been at slimming world I would of already given up and started putting the weight back on!The same old story.This Christmas I will be my lightest for over 30 years!Maz x

I know this is a serious question & should be answered the same way but ... I just have to say ... could you imagine pre'op, asking this question. Of all the concerns to have, you must be pretty chuffed to have this one. Good luck with the rest of your journey, NO LONGER Plump xxx :)

Well done on your great loss!

I lost about a stone a month for the first 6 months or so then gradually this slowed down to a pound or 2 a week although there was weeks it was more and weeks there was no loss at all!

You'll find your weight loss will begin to even out and there may even be occasional stalls but don't lose heart if that happens - it's just your body adjusting and the loss will begin again.

Best of luck - you are doing great

i lost a stone a month for the first 3 and now if i lost a stone every 6 weeks i would be overjoyed, i think your weight loss seems fine as everyone has said it will slow down naturaly xxx

No, I don't think it is too fast. My surgeon said that the heavier we are to begin with, the quicker it will initially come off and then stabilise. He was right in my case.

Back