• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is surgery cheaper outside London????

GloryO

Hi guys

I'm new here.

I'm 33 years old with a bmi of 44 :(

I'm planning to self fund a gastric sleeve with the support of my awesome hubby.

I've been doing some research, and it seems like surgery can be cheaper outside London.

Can I have a consultation at a hospital in london, but ask to have the surgery further north due to price?

Has anyone done this???

Thanks!

Hi and welcome! Not quite sure I understand what you mean, could you clarify - you mean you want to swap surgeons after the first consultation to avoid doing two trips to the North? Or why do you want to do the actual consultation in London instead of with the cheaper surgeon up North?

Last edited:
I was NHS not private so I can't answer your question but I wanted to say hi and good luck :)

Hi guys

I'm new here.

I'm 33 years old with a bmi of 44 :(

I'm planning to self fund a gastric sleeve with the support of my awesome hubby.

I've been doing some research, and it seems like surgery can be cheaper outside London.

Can I have a consultation at a hospital in london, but ask to have the surgery further north due to price?

Has anyone done this???

Thanks!

lol Price in Mexico is about 4500 USD

Back