• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Self-funding - how quickly did you have your surgery?

GloryO

Hi guys

I'm looking to self fund my gastric sleeve. I've done tons of research already, and I just want to crack on with it!

For those guys who went private - how long did it take from initial consultation to actually having the surgery???

Thanks!

It can be very quick, within weeks, i had a consultation then waited several months to put some thought in to it as it is a life changer, then i booked in and had my sleeve Aug 2014.

It depends on the availability of your surgeon as well as available theatre and bed space. Each area will be different.

Also, private surgeons should also have procedures involving dietician and psychologists before and after surgery as part of the package so you will probably need apts before surgery. Also your preop apt and at least 2 weeks of the pre-op LRD diet.

@GloryO i made an appointment to see surgeon and MTD team on the 4th Feb for the 2nd march and my op is march 16th. But they could have done sooner but it didn't suit me. Xx

Back