• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

is that it...... non plussed

Bullyfun

had first appointment with Mr Super at heartlands, yes been approved and got funding, quick diagram on how band works and on to dietician for 2 45 second videos.... and a booklet (booklet more use than appointment)
2 years 2 years to get to this point and im done in 15 minutes found out more here than i did there, others there left shaking their head ...... astounded
actually speechless..... told it will expected to be done by jan..... NHS obviously a lot on his list that day.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

My appointment was over in 8 minutes!! Lol!!! Just think the most important bit was that they said yes!!!! Bit of an anti-climax though!!!

mmmm over expecting obviously...... waited over two years no magic wand silly me..... shall wait on not holding breath... actually quite cross

Bully if its any consolation the same thing happened to me when i went to Birmingham, I didnt get to see Mr Super i seen his underhand but i was in and out within a couple of minutes, on surgery day i seen Mr Super for all of 5 minutes who went through the procedure, got me to sign the consent form and that was that. Your right you do get more information on here, but the blue folder is a god send once surgery is out the way. I also got my dates for pre op and operation 2 weeks after my first appointment so you should hear pretty soon when your surgery will be, I had my first appointment 1st June 2009 and had pre op 24th August and operation 29th September. If you dont hear anything after 2 weeks give Mr Supers secretary a call she will be able to tell you over the phone the date, i got told over the phone and then the next day i got my letter. Good luck with everything X

Yep thats it and they wonder why a high percentage of band paitents fail long term on the NHS !

WLS isn't a quick fix like a leg or bowel op, this is a life long commitment to changing the way you eat and the way you see food, that cant be fixed with a few flicks of the surgeons knife ! it takes education, understanding and bl**dy hard work to make it work, especially if your having a band.

Thanks for the replies, calmed down now lol
at least i know its going to get done soon and the blue folder is quite informative seems a bit more of a reality now.
roll on the thud of the letter on the mat cant wait to start the milk diet ;)

Well said SS, couldnt agree with you more. however, up here they do seminars to try to educate people beforehand. But when all your waiting to hear is 'YES' then you often dont hear anything else..xx

Well said SS. I don't think that we actually realise how much of our lives revolve around food. Socially, if the kids are good what do you do? Take em to mcdonalds for a happy meal or a mcflurry (or similar crap). First thought of the day is food related, i know before i started the diet i'm doing i'd be sat in the office thinking shall i pop off to the relatives room see what delights are in the vending machines....

I look forward to learning new habits/healthy cooking that i can incorporate into my lifestyle when i get my op... And i will not be asking for low cal alcoholic substitutes either, cos i just don't get the point of taking in empty calories.

Back