• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Scale isnt moving :(

BobbieKatie

Hey everyone, I had the gastric sleeve on the 6th October so I'm 5 weeks out. First 3 weeks I lost 15lbs but over these last 2 weeks, nothing has been happening, I know this does happen but I just didn't think it would be this early and also, I feel like I'm a really slow looser.

I'm proud that I've lost weight but also slightly depressed that it's fluctuated by a pound either way the last 2 weeks :( Any advice would be really appreciated.

Just give it time, your body has been through major trauma via the op now its getting used to tiny portions after being used to big portions, I'm sure it will move soon xx

I too have had the scales not move for a week but I have to remind myself its only about 6 weeks since my op and ive lost around 2 stone in that time so im happy , please dont judge your weight lose my others its better to be slow and steady not so fast that you look ill and end up with baggy skin .....thats what I tell myself
good luck and keep on losing !

I am also finding the weight loss very slow and some weeks non existent. When I went back for my six week check the nurse I saw worried me by telling me that they would have expected a 9-10% weight loss and I had only achieved 6% , but could not give me any ideas as to why I was losing at a slower rate. I went through what I was eating on a daily basis and the nurse did not comment on whether it was too much or too little, and I didn't ask much because I felt so despondent. I am dreading my appointment in January, because they will probably also comment on my slow progress.:confused:

it sounds normal, I had a stall about week 3 then off I went again. At 5 weeks I think I was on about 400-500 cals a day. Just keep drinking as much as you can and keep on with the little meals. The weight loss will start again, once you start solid food you will feel totally stuffed.
Remain positive...

I've had the same thing I've lost inches but no weight loss, so disappointed then a great loss so that made up for it, then nothing again but I think that's how it works do t worry about it it's early days for you just keep at it.

Back