• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Couple of Scale and non-scale victories this week!

Muttley1900

Sorry, this is me gloating/boasting - call it what you will – I don’t care at this point, just too happy with the results.

This weeks weigh-in has seen me get into the elevens (11st 13lbs) leaving me “only” half a stone to get to target weight and BMI (1 point to go)! And a total of 4 and a half stone from when I started on the 1st July.

The Non Scale Victory was when I went to buy a new pair of jeans, as John Lewis had them with a 20% reduction. I picked up a pair, thought I’d better try them on – went to the changing room – yep fitted fine. Maybe a little “snug” in places (but new jeans are, aren’t they?) and went to pay for them and then realized that they were a size 32” waist not the 34” I’ve been accustomed to for the last couple of months. This shocked me because I did intentionally try on a pair of 32” jeans 3 or 4 weeks ago and they were far too tight on the leg and I couldn’t do them up.

Never apologise for celebrating your achievements! Its a big thing for us to see, feel and experience these changes and the "victories" that we have on this journey :)

Congrats to you!

Don't apologise.....and congratulations on your success to date.

A few weeks ago I bought myself my first jeans for about 15years....and they were size 14....I bought them in the hope they'd soon fit me, when I got home the fitted perfectly...

Who'd of thought us all getting into NEW JEANS!! :D:D

Remember that this community gives and takes from our posts - your achievements may well inspire someone else. I made the decision to go for surgery after reading the success story of someone else, although not here, so never feel guilty for celebrating the positives. Rather read your post than some of the others on here.

Thank you all for your kind messages of congratulations and allowing me this indulgence and yes, still smiling about it now. I hadn't thought of my good news being encouragement to others, but of course this is what I get from so many of your posts as I read about your journeys too.

Yes, new jeans - the 34's I had been wearing were ones that I bought 15 years ago. I was quite happy with them, one or two pairs had some wear signs (frays at the bottom and small snag holes forming) so with the 20% discount they seemed a good price to get one pair. I'm reminded of a 'sex in the city' episode when Miranda had her favourite pair of jeans that were kept in the top of her closest, because one day she was going to fit back into them. And the joy when she did.

Ah yes, Angimason, my partner said something similar to me yesterday evening as we got ready to go out. "We'll your not going to go any smaller than that I hope". I don't think my bone structure would allow it, and anyway jeans hang differently to say suit trousers, so maybe not all my "pants" will be 32" (will cost far too much!).

Well done you. You deserve all your success. Strutt your some in them jeans boy!

I had two NSV's this week.

One was being told how slim I looked...nothing unusual there, you might think. Only the NSV aspect of it was that it barely registered, I was so used to being told that! LOL!

The second one was being told today that I was "dinky". LOL!!

Well done Muttley. Must have been a brilliant feeling.

Sorry, this is me gloating/boasting - call it what you will – I don’t care at this point, just too happy with the results.

This weeks weigh-in has seen me get into the elevens (11st 13lbs) leaving me “only” half a stone to get to target weight and BMI (1 point to go)! And a total of 4 and a half stone from when I started on the 1st July.

The Non Scale Victory was when I went to buy a new pair of jeans, as John Lewis had them with a 20% reduction. I picked up a pair, thought I’d better try them on – went to the changing room – yep fitted fine. Maybe a little “snug” in places (but new jeans are, aren’t they?) and went to pay for them and then realized that they were a size 32” waist not the 34” I’ve been accustomed to for the last couple of months. This shocked me because I did intentionally try on a pair of 32” jeans 3 or 4 weeks ago and they were far too tight on the leg and I couldn’t do them up.
:party0049::party0049::party0049::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

Well done Muttley! 32", BMI 24, and 5'10", sounds just about perfect to me!:D

Hehe, very kind of you to say so.

Just those last half a dozen or so lbs to go - which should be not too much work - and then into maintain and a bit more "sculpting". Don't want to get muscle bound - never had lots of muscles but want to help with the overall body shape and build my upper body strength a little.

Back