• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is your OH as fat as you?

slaz

Apart from Mr Sleeve and Mrs Bypass there doesn't seem to be any couples on here. My wife and I started our weight loss programme together but I chose surgery and she is following my diet including liquids etc but without the surgery, she has done really well and lost 4 stone since January and is now at her ideal weight.
We all know people who can eat whatever they want and never put on an ounce and then there is us who only need to look at food to put on a pound,so given that our weight is largely a lifestyle thing and as couples we share that lifestyle then surely there are a lot of overweight couples. As this forum is female dominated does this mean that men are more reluctant to face the challenge of weight loss or does it mean there are less men with weight problems?

Hi my husband is not as fat as me but he could do with losing 4 or 5 stone. He started the gym when I started to lose weight so he could keep up with me. Then he broke his arm and it set him back, but we both want to get fitter together.

My o/h is slim, he does have a very manual job (gardener) so is on his feet all day carrying heavy petrol strimmers/loppers/blowers or he's climbing trees to cut off branches then carrying the branches, he eats a fair bit - not as much as me - but easily burns it off and stays slim.

My other half started dieting with me at the start of this year as he needed to lose weight but also support for me. Up to now we both have lost around 7 st each, 5 of mine been to having the bypass 4 months a go and his mainly down to the fact we are not out in the pub every Thursday-Sunday now. He has a little way to go an I have a long way but have to admit I have found the support from him amazing and as we have both changed our life styles it has been so much easier to adjust to. I just can't wait to be actually lighter than him like when we first met. Good luck to the both of you xx

My lucky fiance is one of those who can eat and not put weight on, however he has changed his eating habits and there is now no junk food in the house, and that is his choice. So even though he doesn't need to lose weight, we are now becoming more and more fit together.

alas my hubby has never been fat so he doesn't really get it when I talk about the cravings, the hollow feeling that food promises to fill but never does etc ... he is very verbally supportive, but if I suggested we go to the gym together then he would smile and gently say no....

When me and my husband first started going out he was bigger then me but as time went on and having our daughter I weighed about 5st more then him. I am now currently 4lbs havier and now he started to diet as dosent won't to b left behind when I finally get my bypass lol x

My hubby is only slightly overweight and is in the average BMI range of 29. He very much can eat anything and everything and the scales stay the same ..the lucky s**.
In saying that though he has cut down a lot since I began in support of me

Not at all :( He is heavier than he wants to be and has put on a few stone since being with me, but he's not fat.

My husband has gone from 14 1/2 st to 12st (38in waist to 32in) since the beginning of the year. He's never been obese, but was a little overweight. He's been exercising and has cut his carb intake. He's thrilled by it, says surgery was the best thing for both of us! Still enjoys his beer, and his food though. He's done it to support me really, and so that when we try for a baby he's fit too.

I have just weighed in at less than my OH (woop). He's only 12.3 though, never been big!

Nope. My hubby is 6ft 4 inches of lean rippling muscle and has never worked out a day in his life. He eat what he wants, when he wants. Boo hiss to him!!

My OH is 6'2" and about 14 st 7 so about 5 stone lighter than me at 5'4"! He has never had to watch his weight and he walks, cycles and swims. V jealous, but he's lovely xx

Makes you jealous, doesn't it? Lol

Yeah it drives me bananas .. One Christmas he ate practically a whole homemade Christmas cake within a week and my cakes are 9inch x 3inch solid fruit with marzipan etc. Not only that he had all the usual Christmas dinner and goodies. Lets say he did suffer a bit with the fruit overload but he only put on a pound :mad::rolleyes:

nope my OH is one of those sickening ******* who can eat anything he likes and not gain a pound.

one night while i was asleep he ate 10 cupcakes and 12 doughnuts and not a pound gained. he also often pinches all my daughters sweets while she sleeps

not fair, i think ill go kick him in the balls now to improve my mood

nope my OH is one of those sickening ******* who can eat anything he likes and not gain a pound.

one night while i was asleep he ate 10 cupcakes and 12 doughnuts and not a pound gained. he also often pinches all my daughters sweets while she sleeps

not fair, i think ill go kick him in the balls now to improve my mood

OMG this had me totally :rotflmao: I had to hold my sides so I didn't burst the staples.

OMG this had me totally :rotflmao: I had to hold my sides so I didn't burst the staples.

i dont think laughings on your hospital approved list of activitys this close to surgery missy, please adopt a poker face immediatly

My other half could defo do with losing a few pounds but he is happy the way he is...he weighs 15st9 - so have decided he is my new mini goal, have always wanted to weigh less than him - am currently down to 16st6.....I'm coming to get him! Lol x

Back