• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who's your wls hero/ine?

Oh! To be honest-it would be hard to pick a one and only..too many amazing folks. I probably am more of a day to day "hero of the day or moment" type. I come here and read often-and when I see someone who is really trying-that really moves me. Like when I see someone who has exercised for 10 mins-when they previously were unable to barely walk? THAT is heroic. When I see someone who stays with their foodplan-when I know they must be suffering load of emotional changes and stresses-yet they bypass the comfort food? THAT is super-heroic! I know for me personally-there were days where just standing up hurt. So ..my hat is off to all who "do it anyway"!! XOXO

I've only just stumbled across this thread. Thank you so so much for the kind words.

I hope I do inspire some people, I know I have, and the monthly seminars I attend and contribute to make me so happy. Especially the one just last week, a mother was there with her son and she was crying whilst talking to me and thanked me for giving her hope for her son. It was a very happy/sad time all in one!

I have 2,1 would be John (glenville) I don't see him on here anymore but he was very encouraging when i was a newby.
But my hero is Karlos he's not afraid to tell it as it is truly genuine guy i reckon.
However the rest of you are pretty cool peeps, everyone has something to offer x

:hug99:each and everyone of us here are heroes, as we all walk the same journey or will walk it in the near future, we all know how each other feels and felt pre and post op, we are all heroes for being here consistantly and supporting each other throughout each part of our wls journeys...... :heartpump: Love to you all my friends :heartpump: your all amazing and unique, support is a major key to success, carry on the good work and sharing and caring about each other xxxx

:) Liz xxxx

Last edited:
Neen and BlueDiamond.....but i am biased as they are bandits that are there always to help and encourage us noobs getting our head around it all!. Mazza is a true inspiration as well and Cha-ching is just amazing!

Mine know who they are.

But! I will name my fave 'old lags' who lurk more than post (like me really) and can occasionally be persuaded to post and share their wisdom -

Shelbell
Phatgirl
Hopelesscase
Silversurfer

All have walked the walk and I thank them all for their support and inspiration. xxxx

Last edited:
I have to give 2bands Liz or now Just Liz a mention as when I was first banded she always answered my threads with sound advice and also she herself has been through so much with having 2 bands and now a bypass...

Liz is a godsend to banders here and on other places. I remember asking for some advice for someone on my facebook list who was/is a casual friend and didn't have a clue. Liz answered them thoroughly with a smile. She is a star xx

Judy & Julie thanks ladies any time i can help if i can then i will, i dont post as often as i used to but im always a pm away if im needed..... lots of luv from me xxx

i have to say everyone who posts on here is my hero/ heroine. I appreciate all the advice and support everyone gives on here. I am especially inspired by those who are near the end / at the end of their weightloss journey. They motivate me to keep going so I can look as hot as them :)

My third post on this thread.

Still can't say one person so am saying everyone.

On posting I have received my funding I have had so many messages of support, really lovely PMs and some very warm words from people who are getting knock back after knock back but are over the moon for me.

So, gold medals all round x x

What a great thread!! I only joined yesterday but i have to say i have spent hours looking through the site and you ALL truly inspire me....thank you for putting a smile on my face xxx

I thank you from the bottom of my heart Lotsabeefy. I have to say it's nice to know i can brighten a day :) xx

Back