• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Is your OH as fat as you?

My OH is a big lad & I do worry that he eats too much but I don't know how to tackle him over it, I know how I reacted when anyone raised my weight pre-op!!!
He's got no (as far as I know) co-morbs but I can see a lot of my previous "issues" in him :( we met when I was 9 months post-op so has never known me when I was big... I do suggest that we should get fit together but I know it's a decision he has to make rather than me forcing him into it! I've tried giving him smaller portions but he'll just complain that he's still hungry & eat something else... any advice?!?!?

Robina...... LOL :8855: thank you..... :8855:

Seriously though, I'm assuming you are first in the queue, bagsy second :8855::8855::8855:

Robina...... LOL :8855: thank you..... :8855:

Seriously though, I'm assuming you are first in the queue, bagsy second :8855::8855::8855:

yep please form an orderly queue behind me for the nut kicking

nope my OH is one of those sickening ******* who can eat anything he likes and not gain a pound.

one night while i was asleep he ate 10 cupcakes and 12 doughnuts and not a pound gained. he also often pinches all my daughters sweets while she sleeps

not fair, i think ill go kick him in the balls now to improve my mood
Hahaha!

My OH is a big lad & I do worry that he eats too much but I don't know how to tackle him over it, I know how I reacted when anyone raised my weight pre-op!!!
He's got no (as far as I know) co-morbs but I can see a lot of my previous "issues" in him :( we met when I was 9 months post-op so has never known me when I was big... I do suggest that we should get fit together but I know it's a decision he has to make rather than me forcing him into it! I've tried giving him smaller portions but he'll just complain that he's still hungry & eat something else... any advice?!?!?

You are so right not to push him on it, we all need to make our own decisions whether it be smoking, drinking, drugs, or eating. The trigger to come to that decision will vary for all of us. All I can suggest is that you ask him to help you with your eating habits and tell him that his large portions tempt you to eat more and it would really help you if he gave you a little more support. If that doesn't work you could always adopt Robina's method and kick him in the balls! xx

My OH fluctuates between 10 stone 7 and 11 stone. He eats huge portions but no sweet foods, he also literally runs everywhere, walk is not in his vocabulary.

He has always been completely supportive of me and has loved me for who I am. I am lucky and I am looking forward to getting to a point in which he can give me a piggy back ride without me fracturing his spine :)

My hubby is 10 stone about totally different from me he rides a bike 9 1/2 miles a day to work so is very fit but he loves me for me not my size

Only now am I lighter than him. He is 14 stone and runs half marathons to keep fit. He has never called me fat and I love him for that. I am 13 stone. Love being lighter than him. X

Back