• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ist Nurse check

tendersage

Hi my wound check went well, she is VERY pleased with how well i am healing, was totally bemused at they dressings i had had put on me, took them all off and commmented that although they were waterproof my skin had been unable to breathe. She then proceeded to wipe my stomache down and took one of the steristrips off as it had become sticky as a result. Decided it doesnt need another as i am healing so quickly. then redressed them with small 'padded' waterproof ones.

Took my blood pressure, pulse and weight.

Now she weighted me on a carpet base with the classical Dr surgery scales, the reading was 115k 3k less then what i weighted myself at home on digital scales, so i quiried it and explained why. She understood and said i should do the same in 2 weeks time when i meet the dietitian as she believes he will weight me on the same scales.

After that i traipsed over to bankside and sat chatting to a friend for over 4 hours! in a pub with people eating food all around me and i didnt want any, didnt even think about food once... finally got home and had my 2nd protien shake... tut should have had one at lunchtime but was out need to plan that a bit better. tired a bit achey but feeling very pleased with my day

am pleased everything is going well and progressing as it should if not better.

Great, glad to hear all is well. x

Back