• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excess Skin

How I feel is this, something happened to me and I ate to hide emotions I could not deal with at the time. As I hid behind the wall of fat, I began to loathe myself. I hated myself from the age of 14 to the age of 39...that is a lot of hate to get rid of but I am learning to love me, for all that I am and I have forgiven myself and what I did to my body.

Thats why I had the surgery, to help me learn to love me again, not just for looks (as I know that it will never look the way it used to) but just to give myself the respect by being fit and healthy.

Woooo, that was an emotional release....:eek:

Caz I have rep'd you for this - it's exactly how I feel and some more - as i'm a little older than you. well done.

I have to agree with everything everyones said, the saggy skin thing is an issue we all share bander or bypasser, and sadly there's not much other than further surgery we can do about it, as no amount of exercise is going to remove a life time of self abuse !

But hey look on the good side, no one every died from having a saggy belly, or bingo wings ! dropping the lead means your prolonging your life, enjoying a healthier life and being able to do those things you never could as a big person.

And there's always clingfilm and packing tape...:DLOL

No seriously shedding the mask is a mad journey, some days I feel a little vunerable and others I feel on top of the world.

I am seeking help with my issues and hopefully I will come out on the other side a more balanced person.

And there's always clingfilm and packing tape...:DLOL

No seriously shedding the mask is a mad journey, some days I feel a little vunerable and others I feel on top of the world.

I am seeking help with my issues and hopefully I will come out on the other side a more balanced person.

I think we all have issues, i still walk into a room and think everyone's looking at me because i'm really fat ! - guess it takes the mind time to catch up with the body !

I can understand that SS, sometimes I look at myself and think nothing has changed, even when the numbers and other people say the opposite.

Yep, the mind is the tortoise and the body is the hare on this journey.

Thanks Caz for answering that for me, just one more as you mentioned alcohol, how much could you drink now compared to before? I say that because I am not a lightweight infact I can drink quite a few under the table lol!! Will that change much? I don't mind if it does as I dont drink each weekend or anything its just now and agin but do all my partying at once so to speak!!
Hope I don't get too much excess skin.

With a band alchol affects you the same way, with a bypass I think it affects you a lot more as absorption is different, but I will leave that to a BPasser to verify.

The only thing with alchol is that it is empty calories, it has no nutrional value what so ever. So it will impede your weightloss if you have too much.

I was not a big drinker before, only a social drinker and even then I had to be in the mood. When I say I liked the odd baileys, I mean the odd one, I have had possibly 5 glasses of wine since the op and about the same of Baileys, thats in 7 months.

Some surgeons advise to not have any for 12 months some say the occasional drink is ok.

But to be honest if you want to loose the weight you need to really restrict quantity. Some people have been known to swap alchol for a food addiction.

I have to agree with everything everyones said, the saggy skin thing is an issue we all share bander or bypasser, and sadly there's not much other than further surgery we can do about it, as no amount of exercise is going to remove a life time of self abuse !

But hey look on the good side, no one every died from having a saggy belly, or bingo wings ! dropping the lead means your prolonging your life, enjoying a healthier life and being able to do those things you never could as a big person.

A v. good point SS. I feel vain even thinking about it. You are right that no-one has died from Saggy bits (unless there is such a thing as Cancer of the Bingo-wing!).

I have to admit that I've gotten my doc to start documenting probs with skin behind saggy tummy in the view of in a couple of years having the possibility of getting excess skin removed.

A v. good point SS. I feel vain even thinking about it. You are right that no-one has died from Saggy bits (unless there is such a thing as Cancer of the Bingo-wing!).

I have to admit that I've gotten my doc to start documenting probs with skin behind saggy tummy in the view of in a couple of years having the possibility of getting excess skin removed.

Yep its something i've sted to think about to, though i can still feel fat lumps in my saggy bits, so that has to go before i do anything - they advise not to have surgery for at least two years post op, this allows you to reach your bodies ideal weight and stabilise, so i have a bit to go before i go back under the knife. If i can afford it i'm flying out to LA and gone get myself the full Brad Pitt make over lol - though the way i'm going its likely to be the George Clooney :D

The George Clooney is cool. Verrrry nice indeed:D

now now boys...

:eek::eek::eek: who said anything about food lmao ;)

Back