• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Itchy

BecksDaykin

Hi all..hope ur well x

My ailment today is itchy skin..the stretch marks on my belly in particular but also hands and legs
Any ideas?

5weeks post op (Monday)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

im guessing a good moisturiser is needed, your skin is changing so much! good luck :) xxx

im the same love ,itch is driving me crazy ,but i think its simply dry skin for me ,,,,,so i treated myself to some bio oil,and a sanctury spray dry oil,,its helping x good luck x

are you taking lansoprozol? i had to change to omoprozol as it was the cause of my itching from about 4 weeks. been fine since.

I agree I had a terrible time on Lanzaprozol,itched ALL over.Eyeballs,toenails and hair!lol

hopelesscase said:
are you taking lansoprozol? i had to change to omoprozol as it was the cause of my itching from about 4 weeks. been fine since.

No..
It started last week n thought it was cus it was a new razor so *cringe* I let it grow and still the same. Will try a good moisturiser and take it from there x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You dont shave your hands though hun do you?If so its razor burn.Mention it to tour team,could be loss of fat,meds or metabolic.Try some Piriton.

This is going to sound so silly but I promise it's not. When I take certain medications (percription) and also vitamins / minerals they increase my blood circulation which makes my blood hot and inturn my skin very itchy. Your blood may be a little warm so it's making you itch. X

Omg...

I have been taking lansoprazole for about 5 years and have to take an anti histamine daily. No dr has ever associated the two together!!! Might see if I can swap meds. Thanks for that. X

I get itchy alot and moisturising helps. My skin drinks the stuff now!

Its probably a low fat diet causing dry skin. Lots of moisturiser and a vitamin complex that has minerals for skin and nails in it.

I have just started moisturising asmy skin is getting dry, think the swimming may be doing it, also trying to get as little loose baggy skin as possible :)

I saw the dietitian yesterday and she told me to start moisturinsing now as I am on a low fat diet now post op and my skin will be drying up!! Also she recommended Almond oil to rub into hands, says she has been using it and it's amazing xx

Good tip thanks Marie

You can get Dermol to wash with or Hydromol from your gp,if its not the Lanzaprole.It really affects some people though I was itchy from head to toe and it drove me mad.Stopped taking it and used Piriton.Cleared up in a day!

Back