• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Knickers

JoxJo said:
Hi my band op is on 10th March - was wandering if you keep your undies on during op? Silly question but feel the need to know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I wore the fetching paper ones, that were a touch tight, and they were still on post op, but covered in Iodine, so beware if you wear your own as they could end up v stained.

lol it's funny what we worry about. i'm more worried about whether to wear a nightie or pyjamas in the days following the op.
btw my mad friend went for a shower before her op. She put on the showercap they'd kindly left on the end of the bed for her. The nurse walked by and started laughing and asked why my friend had a pair of knickers on her head.

To make matters worse, a few days after the op she needed the loo but wasn't well enough to get up. So she used the bedpan. Only when she sat on it, the pan collapsed. Of course she'd only gone and sat on one of those cardboard vomit bowls they give you.

I think the staff were quite relieved when she went home.

I am still wondering who removed mine, thank god i dont know and with a bit of luck they didn't get a good look at my face.....

apparantly they used to let the students come in and do gynae exams whilst the patients were on the operating theatre but they stopped this after complaints.

Yorkie i doubt very much that happened. Students are only permitted in with the patients prior consent and then only to do with the specified problem/speciality...

I was allowed to keep my own knickers on (only because they were 100% cotton), and they were still on post-op, all be it with a couple of tiny iodine stains.

Julie, I have to say that I just did a stint in gynae theatre and didn't have to get permission from any patients. In fact, I never saw any of them conscious but I was only observing.
When I work with ladies that are awake of course I have to ask their permission and get consent to do anything at all.
And as for the knickers question, I took mine off then was told I could have left them on but I didn't care much either way to be honest x

I'm laughing at all the comments this is a great thread am worrying about the daftest of things, I just hope they have a pair of paper ones big enough for my bum and hope the gown aunt like a tea towel on me lol.... Oooh and the sexy socks lol

Haylz xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Lol they had a normal size gown and little knickers in the cupboard and I said that I was being banded as I was overweight and they brought me a massive gown and big big knickers so all was well! :D

I cant stop laughing. Had band fitted 4 weeks ago and only now just remembered that I woke up knickerless after reading this thread.

Its funny what we worry about pre op, i wore cotton knicks and a cotton gown i woke up with both, My worry was my boobs were going to be on show..............im so glad i did not know about one of the incisions. I remember realising i had a wound between my boobs post op and being mortified that every one had seen my "spaniels lugs" lol. It soon went

LOL @ Yvonne my boobs fell out the front of the wrap around gown as I got onto the trolley on the way into theature, I was mortified!! The (male) orderly just laughed and said he wouldnt be the last to see them LOL. x

Back