• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Itchy!

pooh71

Hi all, my wound sites are soooooo itchy!! Anyone else get this? Any ideas what I can put in to relieve it that wont harm them? I'm trying not to scratch as I only had my staples taken out Friday. All I can do is rub may hands over them, but I can't do that all day :)

Hi Poohbits a sign of them healing. Mine were also very itchy. Mine are not completely healed yet but very almost. I wouldnt put anything on them just yet. I found itchy around them to help.

I do hope you are keeping well.

Hi Poohbits a sign of them healing. Mine were also very itchy. Mine are not completely healed yet but very almost. I wouldnt put anything on them just yet. I found itchy around them to help.

I do hope you are keeping well.

Thanks Maz. Good to know its not just me :) Healing is a good thing so I'll learn to cope! It was just driving me slightly bonkers. I'm wondering jf I can have a bath yet. Just been having showers, but longing for a good soak. I think it should be okay now the staples are out, don't you?

Yea I know what you mean, rather annoying.

My bariatric nurse said I can have a bath from day 10, an I had steri strips not staples so I think you will be fine.

Enjoy Hun.

Maz xx

you can have a bath now, also mix a teaspoon of salt into a pint of lukewarm water and bathe them in that. If you itch the surrounding area u can affect how the scars heal so try not to :)

you can have a bath now, also mix a teaspoon of salt into a pint of lukewarm water and bathe them in that. If you itch the surrounding area u can affect how the scars heal so try not to :)

Thanks embrace, I'll do that. I've been trying to not itch them. I just have to run my hands across them lightly! Lol

I had my bath today! Bliss. I much prefer it to a shower so was really missing it.

All these little steps to getting back to normality are good. Well near normality....new normality! Old normality involved more food and wine :) Back to work tomorrow.

we were advised by the team from day one to shower/bath regularly, dab dry and apply moisturiser such as cocoa butter

Yeah I showered as soon as my drain was removed and have done daily but alot of places advise to only have a bath once stitches/staples are removed as soaking in a bath is a quick way to introduce bacteria into a wound.

Back