• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland Preop Diet

novamay

Born Free
Hi, its a bit of a way off for me yet but can anyone tell me what's the likely length of time that you're on the pre-op with Sunderland.

I'm trying to think of ways to keep myself busy. I've a few hobbies, but was also thinking it could be a good time to do some decorating or odd-jobs around the house....

Anyone have any good ideas for keeping mind, hands and stomach free of food???

I work FT during the day but in an office where there's frequent biscuits, scones or cakes - think that's going to be the worst time - if I'm at home I can go to bed and hide under the duvet!

dont hold me to it but think its 4 weeks unless they offer you a cancellation

Hi Novamay - I am getting a sleeve done at Sunderland too, hopefully in 8 months as I went to see the Consultant last week, I have been in the system a year. Do they give you a pre op or do you buy slimfast?
I have done lighter life and when on the shakes didnt feel hungry at all as you go into ketosis.
Best of luck x

Oh lordy 4 weeks!!! I'll have the whole house painted by then.... inside and out...

Borogirl - they give you a sheet I believe with what you can have. they do a milk preop diet and a low carb for diabetics. I love milk and could drink it all day but I'm diabetic so they might make me do the low carb - which would be harder as its proper foods.... will try and see if I can do the milk one instead.

I received a call on the Monday - started pre-op diet Tuesday, and admitted on the Friday for surgery Saturday! So only 4days for me...

I received a call on the Monday - started pre-op diet Tuesday, and admitted on the Friday for surgery Saturday! So only 4days for me...

fingers crossed I have your luck! :D

Lubi, i think you can have stock cubes, but I think I've read on here only 1 salty drink per day???? Theyre way too salty for me - I did get some ready made stock from the shop and it wasnt too salty for when I had 2 days liquids before balloon.

Hi ladies!!
I had my op at Sunderland in Feb :) the pre op is usually 10 days this will only be shorter if u get a cancellation :) but won't be longer than 10 days!! The pre op diet isn't great but it's not as hard as I thought it would be. It also alters on ur circumstances it's best to do the milk diet however if u dont like milk there is another diet or if ur diabetic there is another diet :) any questions feel free to ask xx

Thanks Hope, I can do 10 days.... I would do as long as they asked me to do to be honest ;-)

Ur welcome :) I made my own home made veg soup on the pre op diet as they say u can't have pulses or potato and it's impossible to find a ready made veg soup without them. I just used swede, leek, carrot, onion and veg stock cubes. Doesn't sound to tasty but it did me lol :) xx

Back