• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

so ive been thinking

cherry

about my weightloss and worrying etc etc over it.... im not really a comfort eater, i tend to go the other way, and the reason i feel i have managed to stick to my diet so well and lose weight quickly, is because my hunger has dropped due to worry over my husband and praying he gets back to me in one peice, i mean surely that cant go against you when i speak to mr small, and he to is a reservist who deploys to afghan so im sure he ll be understanding........

thinking out loud guys!!!!

Kelly I honestly believe Mr Small will be thrilled with your efforts, because you've done so brilliantly. It must be so hard to have your hubby away and feel so worried. I'm glad he's due home soon.
I love the current story line in Corry of a young lad joining the army and going off to Afghanistan. I think it brings home to many people how it must feel for those left behind.
Big hugs pet. xxx

thanks sweetpea, i was just sat here thinking today god i havent even lapsed charis in 3 months! no choc no crisps white bread etc it takes some going esp with my eating habits and ive realised its cos my appetite has gone with worry...

the thing i havent gone on about it on here as then i think more of the 'what ifs' and then i drive myself crazy and in a mess and spend the night crying imagining all sorts of scenarios with my husband out there.... and not coming home to us..... i dont really wanna say to much now ha as he s still there till tues ( oooo :( ) im terrible for thinking ill 'jinx' something...... ill be very very relieved... my poor babes have missed him so much what with masons speech therapy and understanding of words i cant explain where his dad is ( in a childlike way of course) and not to much detail! so he just says daddys in the shop.... or he has started to say daddys on a helicopter..... he s knicknamed his buzz lightyear daddy tooooo :( he s gonna be so so pleased to see him weds there ll be tears, its very hard on the children...

anyways ive rambled haha im not saying anything else till i know he s on that flight! xxxxx

I know a bit of how you feel, from a child's perspective. My dad went away for a year (RAF) the year I began school. I still remember how confused I felt.

I'm not superstitious, but I also understand about not counting eggs etc. More big hugs lovely. xxxx

thanks sweetpea xx

Hi Kell,

I think you have stood up to this very well, I cannot imagine how it must feel to have a loved one out there on the frontline and being left at home with two children plus your own goals...

You have done much better than you think to have done so well and as I have said before, it's so hard to hear the news over there, let alone have part of you there.

I'm so glad that you will all be together and the boys will see be thrilled and so many changes happen with children so quickly... a great week ahead for you all and have a lovely celebration...

Well done on doing so well on your own...

Love and hugs xxx

thanks luffly xxx

Don't thank me precious, you have done so well to cope as you have, your family are all away from you and I truly believe that it's been a really tough year for you.

I may be twice your age Kell, but I couldn't have done it as well as you... plus raising the lads so well too... hope you get a great celebration this week...

Loving hugs to you all xxx

arghhhh sniiiff thanks bev ((hugs)) xx

You are a superstar Kelly, Id have gone to pieces too! You are a credit to your hubby and Im sure he will be proud of how you have coped and brought the lads up alone whilst he is in Afghanistan. Good on you hun, you will get your reward this week when he comes home and sweeps you off your feet (if he recognises you with your 2 stone weightloss!) (HUGS) :D X

Kell, I meant to ask in advance... are you planning a nice meal when your hubby gets back?

Or will you have a takeaway?

Must be great preparing to welcome someone home after such an ordeal away from home...

Love and hugs xxx

That is right Jacqui, it's not an easy task to cope with all of that... love and hugs xxx

hey bev last time i bought in lobster! steak etc and he really wasnt fussed as he d been so used to sleeping in a tent for months and showering outta a hanging bag! that it was all to much, the hardest thing for them is suddenly coming back to 'normal' life, so i have just bought in his faves, so ive got in his thick white bread, bacon, eggs, simple thngs, etc so it will be that or a takeaway prob...... eeek xx

Hi Kell, that is a good point.

I imagine it's the basics that hubby will enjoy to eat like a good old fashioned bacon and egg breakfast... etc etc...

It's certainly an endurance test to live in a tent under such circumstances...

My heart goes out to our lads who are over there.

Love and hugs to you all and it's getting SO CLOSE now for you...

Good luck tomorrow and I would be so excited if I were in your position about getting your hubby safely home.

Love and hugs xxx

I am sure your consultant will be very impressed that you have been working hard & showing real commitment to the whole process. I know what you mean though, I am sure it is something many of us worry about & I know I did too...if I do too well will they refuse me the surgery? My honest answer is no, I really don't think they will. These consultants have been dealing with obesity for years; they know it isn't always necessarily the 'sticking to the diet' that is the problem; it is the keeping it off, isn't it? I do sympathise about your hubby too; my OH was away during the Gulf war & I have many friends whose partners are currently in active service. It is a horrible time for everyone involoved, all you can do it what you have been doing; keep busy, look after your babies & try not to even let the 'what ifs' creep in xxx 2 stone is brilliant btw xxx

Back