• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's not the bypass!

Jrichard

Well folks,

For the last few months I noticed that my hair has been falling out at the rate of knots and my weight loss has been sluggish. :sigh:

Thinking that this was all down to insufficient protein intake, I started on protein bars and Fortimel. Both of which are not cheap, but I wanted to make sure I was healthy. :eek:

I had a review appointment with a consultant today, for a non related problem, to find that my current medication was most likely causing the problem, not my bypass. :D

I feel like such a dope. It didn't even occur to me even though the meds started a few weeks prior to these issues. :8855:

I've been given a different prescription to try. So here's to hair regrowth and and easier weight loss. :)

Oh.............and to not blaming everything on my bypass!

Julie xx

hope it's sorted now for you :) i don't think i would've thought of pills either :)

Aw that's good then Hun hope ur weightloss speeds up n ur hair regrows ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Denise,

It's called Depakote. Luckily it's a very specific medication so you are highly unlikely to ever need it.:)

Julie xx

Thanks, Julie :) No I've not heard of that one ... hope your hair regrows quickly now you know what caused it to fall out :D xxx

We do tend to blame the bypass or ourselves for doing something wrong with the bypass.....I did only last week blaming a naughty nibble on a sausage in the car for getting stuck and making me feel rough....it happened a couple of days later and it turns out its the anti biotics I've been taking for a bl**dy ingrowing toenail!!!:eek:

Next time I need them I'll ask for smaller ones and take two:D

Hope your locks return soon x

We do tend to blame the bypass or ourselves for doing something wrong with the bypass.....I did only last week blaming a naughty nibble on a sausage in the car for getting stuck and making me feel rough....it happened a couple of days later and it turns out its the anti biotics I've been taking for a bl**dy ingrowing toenail!!!:eek:

Next time I need them I'll ask for smaller ones and take two:D

Hope your locks return soon x

Oooh Sarah ... I didn't know that :wave_cry: there was me thinking it was your sausage habit that had gotten you in trouble :eek: Hope your toe is better soon ... ouch :cry: xxx

Well guys, the psychiatrist told me that my locks will grow back with a curl in them.

Having always had hair that's as flat as a pancake it will be quite a novelty, I can't wait!

:happy036::happy036::happy036:

Julie xx

Well guys, the psychiatrist told me that my locks will grow back with a curl in them.

Having always had hair that's as flat as a pancake it will be quite a novelty, I can't wait!

:happy036::happy036::happy036:

Julie xx

Well my hair has always been curly :cry: does that mean it will come back poker straight & save me a fortune of hair straightening products? :rolleyes: :) xxx

why do us curlies all want straight hairs and those lucky ladies with beautiful sleek stright hair spend a fortune on curlers!!!!

Oh and the toe is now better and in trainers so back to the gym I go Yayyyyy!!

why do us curlies all want straight hairs and those lucky ladies with beautiful sleek stright hair spend a fortune on curlers!!!!

Oh and the toe is now better and in trainers so back to the gym I go Yayyyyy!!

Apparently as per my knowledgeable hubby :) it's cos we are female & therefore contrary :):):):) think he may be right, lol xxx

I dear at least you have found the culprit. I'm a bit concerned now as I'm on depakote 1500mg a day and Ive been on it for over a year. To be honest I'm really struggling to take it 8 days post op as consultant has prescribed its equivalent epilim syrup as a temp measure while I can't swallow tablets too well. But because I'm not taking the epilim too well I'm getting withdrawal symptoms :-( x

I dear at least you have found the culprit. I'm a bit concerned now as I'm on depakote 1500mg a day and Ive been on it for over a year. To be honest I'm really struggling to take it 8 days post op as consultant has prescribed its equivalent epilim syrup as a temp measure while I can't swallow tablets too well. But because I'm not taking the epilim too well I'm getting withdrawal symptoms :-( x
Depending on what you take the Depakote for, I would see if it can be changed. If for nothing other than the issues with weight that it causes!

As for my hair, well I've never used hair straighteners, maybe I will need to get some.

Julie xx

Back