• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

If it's not one thing, it's your Mother!

Novamay, I hope that I feel like you in that food won't bother me anymore! If only!!

Well it's nearly time for my tactless Mother like no other to come and give me a lift to Sunderland hosp for my Pre op! I hope I haven't strangled her by the time we've got there! I love her really!! Xx:)

yeah, there's nothing quite like a mum - gotta love em...

Good luck with your pre-op today.

want to swap Mum in Laws? (only joking) mine is great in every other aspect - she's just a bit fixated on feeding others - having raised two strapping fellows who will eat for England.

I know what you mean about others thinking 'why can't you just eat normal food' and for the first couple of weeks I felt like a freak having to have stuff pureed. Now I eat most things but going out to friends or shopping with sis still causes problems - not for me but for others who feel that they dont want to eat certain foods in front of me or I get pittying looks as they tuck in. Also they seem exasperated because I don't eat bread any more, so they are stumped as to alternatives for sandwiches. The looks I get when I say just put the meat on a plate and I'll bring my own ryvita you'd think I'd asked them to sacrifice a family member. To be honest its still early days for me and I'm just not that into food for once in my life ;-) Its great!

My mums a bit like your MiL. She's a feeder and if you leave anything on your plate its the Spanish Inquisition!. We used to be there every Sunday up until early last year when hubby and I decided enough is enough and tactfully gave our reasons for not doing the Sunday anymore. It was purely coincidental that WLS came into the frame 6 months later but it turned out to be the best decision we made because I would have still had the full works handed to me on a Sunday if we hadn't!... She has no comprehension of the word diet lol

I know the pitying look too. I endure it every fourth Friday when we have a family curry night. I have one glass of wine to last a night and I pick the meat out of the sauce and only have a spoonful of rice but why does everybody feel the need to follow suit whereas before WLS was an issue everybody would eat like it was their last meal?? I find myself screaming inside ffs will you all beep beep eat because I don't welcome the guilt trip you are all putting yourselves through to ease my nonexistent suffering. ... Oh roll on our next Friday carry out night in 2 days time:rolleyes:

Failed the Pre op.

I'd put three kgs on since November. They should think themselves lucky it wasn't more, but the surgeon wasn't prepared to go ahead.

Failed the Pre op.

I'd put three kgs on since November. They should think themselves lucky it wasn't more, but the surgeon wasn't prepared to go ahead.

Awww nooo ...i would feel gutted :( So what's the plan now??

Back