• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's very quiet in here! Share your success stories?

Hiya :)

It's very quiet in the banders section, is that because there's not many banders around?

I'm waiting for a date for my op, in the meantime I'm keeping myself busy by reading diaries.
I'd really love it if you could share your success stories with me to keep me motivated :)

xx

Hi grumble

The band is an amazing tool. Less of us about as the sleeve seems to be the more popular option these days

Search out Daisy, Sharon, dreamer, Chrystal and I'm Kurstywursty We're All past the year point

Good luck on this amazing roller coaster of a journey xx

Thank you Kirsty :) I read most of your diary, it certainly was a roller coaster for you :hug99: I hope things are panning out well for you now x

Hi I've had my band since last November I've lost 4 stone so far would like to lose another 2/3 stone,love my band so far x

Hi I've had my band since last November I've lost 4 stone so far would like to lose another 2/3 stone,love my band so far x

Wow, that's brilliant! Well done. Have you joined a slimming group or just watched what you ate, to keep you on track? Have you had any problems along the way?

Hey grumble :) welcome to a fab forum hunni.....lots of friendly helpful peeps also lots of successful banders too ..... 18 months post op here...band still empty.... 9 odd stone gone since band....11 1/2 stone gone total.....its not easy...... in a plateaux/gain place right now but my own fault, taking my eye of the game and eating the wrong stuff (yes its all so easy to get back into bad habits) stick to the rules....eat the right stuff.... move more eat less = success x x x x good luck its a tough journey but worth every second !!!

No don't do any dieting but I've sts for ages now so I'm booked in for a fill and gonna start watching what I eat,I'm crap at dieting lol x

Hello !
I am here !! ?
I've been banded since April 11th. Lost 4 stone 1lb so far !
I have a diary if you would like to read.
It's been a emotional journey !!
Good luck with your journey xx

Hey grumble :) welcome to a fab forum hunni.....lots of friendly helpful peeps also lots of successful banders too ..... 18 months post op here...band still empty.... 9 odd stone gone since band....11 1/2 stone gone total.....its not easy...... in a plateaux/gain place right now but my own fault, taking my eye of the game and eating the wrong stuff (yes its all so easy to get back into bad habits) stick to the rules....eat the right stuff.... move more eat less = success x x x x good luck its a tough journey but worth every second !!!

Wow! And you did all that with an empty band? You're amazing! You're head must have really been in it. I'd love to lose 11 & 1/2 stone but would be happy with 7. Bloody hell I'd be happy with 1 stone at the moment! Have you got a diary? I'll have to read up on your journey.

No don't do any dieting but I've sts for ages now so I'm booked in for a fill and gonna start watching what I eat,I'm crap at dieting lol x
I think everyone who decide to band struggle with dieting, so don't beat yourself up! Good idea for the fill, slimming world is a really easy plan, maybe look into it, it teaches you to eat the right food & the band will keep you in line with the portion control :D

Hello !
I am here !! ?
I've been banded since April 11th. Lost 4 stone 1lb so far !
I have a diary if you would like to read.
It's been a emotional journey !!
Good luck with your journey xx

Thank you, I'll have a good read :) You've done brilliantly, I know it's going to be emotional (for me & my poor partner!), I hope I can deal with it, eeeep!

Hi grumble,

I'm 17 months post surgery and lost all my weight well within the year and more. Started at 16.2 and now 9st 2 . I'm five foot 10.
The bands a great tool. I struggled with portions, I just wanted to eat eat eat,,, now u can't , u just physically cannot do it which worked for me. There was a time around summer after loosing my second fur baby that I tried to cheat the band, just constantly eating sliders like tubs of B&J ice cream and chocolate and crisps then I felt cr@p so slowly I've weaned myself off this addictive junk and my weights lowest ever.

It will have its ups and downs but we are all here, Al together and there always someone around to help

Good luck grumbles xxx

my diary is http://http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-diaries/155783-crystals-diary-band-beyond.html that will take you right to the first page :) its a big read mind LOL yep head was really in it to begin with ..........for me the biggest emotional rollercoaster of my life...... pretty much no loss since my year mark....have been maintaining, although wanting to go lower..... have hit the skids just lately and am now tackling a gain.....along with physical pains and more emotional crap but hey its for life now girl....don't be tempted to think this will be the answer to all your problems..... its a very empowering tool and worked wonders for me.....but once you over a year out the fight really begins ...... do what you can in your first year, follow every rule and your do fantastically...... get your head in the right place because as banded says its oh so easy to cheat when your not in the right head space..... if only there was a band for the brain eh :) lol

good luck sweetheart.....lots of very successful banders around to help.... any advise needed or support just shout x x x x

Hi Everyone, been a while since I've been on - actually not been on since just after my op in April. On the whole it's been quite an easy 5 months, I'm now sitting at 5.6mls in my band and finally I feel like I'm getting good restriction. Up till now although I've been on much lesser portions it's been my choice so I could have potentially eaten a lot more. So far I've lost 2st 4 lb and looking to lose another 2-3 stone so getting there. I've not had too many issues and when I have it's been my own fault eating too quickly or making bad choices! This last fill I had was just 1 week ago so could still potentially slacken off but it definitely feels different now, I now know what they mean by listen to your band, tight band in the morning etc. Also it took me 3 days after the fill to get any food down as I was quite swollen, I was a bit worried about this but it settled down. So far so good - hope my fellow banders are all ok and those of you who haven't yet had it done, I can honestly say so far I don't regret it for 1 minute. It's not easy or a quick fix it's a lifestyle choice and takes commitment. Good luck everyone?

Hi grumble,

I'm 17 months post surgery and lost all my weight well within the year and more. Started at 16.2 and now 9st 2 . I'm five foot 10.
The bands a great tool. I struggled with portions, I just wanted to eat eat eat,,, now u can't , u just physically cannot do it which worked for me. There was a time around summer after loosing my second fur baby that I tried to cheat the band, just constantly eating sliders like tubs of B&J ice cream and chocolate and crisps then I felt cr@p so slowly I've weaned myself off this addictive junk and my weights lowest ever.

It will have its ups and downs but we are all here, Al together and there always someone around to help

Good luck grumbles xxx

You've done amazingly well! I'm sorry about your furbaby, such a tough time. I'm sure it's still very hard to cope with comfort eating even after a band. Well done for cutting it back again! xx

my diary is http://http://www.wlsurgery.com/wls-diaries/155783-crystals-diary-band-beyond.html that will take you right to the first page :) its a big read mind LOL yep head was really in it to begin with ..........for me the biggest emotional rollercoaster of my life...... pretty much no loss since my year mark....have been maintaining, although wanting to go lower..... have hit the skids just lately and am now tackling a gain.....along with physical pains and more emotional crap but hey its for life now girl....don't be tempted to think this will be the answer to all your problems..... its a very empowering tool and worked wonders for me.....but once you over a year out the fight really begins ...... do what you can in your first year, follow every rule and your do fantastically...... get your head in the right place because as banded says its oh so easy to cheat when your not in the right head space..... if only there was a band for the brain eh :) lol

good luck sweetheart.....lots of very successful banders around to help.... any advise needed or support just shout x x x x

Thank you, that's very good advice. I just want to be healthy, obviously I'd like to look good in clothes too, but ultimately I want to be healthy rather than going to an early grave. It's time to start my new life...

Hi Everyone, been a while since I've been on - actually not been on since just after my op in April. On the whole it's been quite an easy 5 months, I'm now sitting at 5.6mls in my band and finally I feel like I'm getting good restriction. Up till now although I've been on much lesser portions it's been my choice so I could have potentially eaten a lot more. So far I've lost 2st 4 lb and looking to lose another 2-3 stone so getting there. I've not had too many issues and when I have it's been my own fault eating too quickly or making bad choices! This last fill I had was just 1 week ago so could still potentially slacken off but it definitely feels different now, I now know what they mean by listen to your band, tight band in the morning etc. Also it took me 3 days after the fill to get any food down as I was quite swollen, I was a bit worried about this but it settled down. So far so good - hope my fellow banders are all ok and those of you who haven't yet had it done, I can honestly say so far I don't regret it for 1 minute. It's not easy or a quick fix it's a lifestyle choice and takes commitment. Good luck everyone?

Thank you & well done for doing so well. It's really good to read other people's experiences, I suppose it's all a learning curve, bu learning by other peoples experiences is fantastic too :)

That's Brilliant! Well done, I've lost over 4 stone with my band and still have another 4 stone to go but it's great to hear that you reached your target! X

Back