• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've bitten the bullet...

Danniplus4

... And sold my soul to a personal trainer! He's quite a sweetheart but really knows his stuff. His areas of expertise are weight loss and diabetes (need the first, don't need the latter thankfully) and he is a pretty hard taskmaster. I'm seeing him for two half hour sessions a week and am going to endeavour to do a class and a swim during the week too.

My first session with Rich left me hurting for 4 days in my thighs so I'm hoping the No Pain,No Gain theory works, but I haven't hurt that much since thankfully.

So here's to a boost to my weight loss. The clocks ticking, my wedding is looming and I need all the help I can get!

... And sold my soul to a personal trainer! He's quite a sweetheart but really knows his stuff. His areas of expertise are weight loss and diabetes (need the first, don't need the latter thankfully) and he is a pretty hard taskmaster. I'm seeing him for two half hour sessions a week and am going to endeavour to do a class and a swim during the week too.

My first session with Rich left me hurting for 4 days in my thighs so I'm hoping the No Pain,No Gain theory works, but I haven't hurt that much since thankfully.

So here's to a boost to my weight loss. The clocks ticking, my wedding is looming and I need all the help I can get!
Good luck Danni :) I went to the gym for the first time today, i hope i keep it up, i never have in the past, but fingers crossed lol Good luck with your wedding too :) xxx

How did you find it Caren? I can really recommend personal training f you need help with motivation. I have tried to Gym on my own numerous times but find I always slack off and end up spending more time sweating in the sauna than on the gym floor, which is lovely but not all that great for fitness and weight loss!

wow, go you :)

When I was on LL before I was going to the gym 3-4 times a week and really enjoyed it, but since that time around, I've put on what I lost and another 3 stone . . .I do hope to get back into it in the future, but hope this works for you!

How did you find it Caren? I can really recommend personal training f you need help with motivation. I have tried to Gym on my own numerous times but find I always slack off and end up spending more time sweating in the sauna than on the gym floor, which is lovely but not all that great for fitness and weight loss!
it was ok, i did find i got a bit bored, but did an hour and a half, and i can well feel it lol, lets hope i keep it up lol xxx

Kat, With your determination and how well you are doing you will be at the gym before you know it.

Danni+4, well done you and keep going with your PT, IS he hot?!!

Jane x

fab40 said:
Kat, With your determination and how well you are doing you will be at the gym before you know it.

Danni+4, well done you and keep going with your PT, IS he hot?!!

Jane x

Lol - sadly not really! He's very tall and happily ribs me about being so short (I'm 5'2) but has also spoken about how even though he is super fit, trained as a boxer, blah blah, he is still not happy with his body and in all his time as a PT has never met anyone that is. He says he is too long and lanky and never seems to beef up, but he has to accept that his body will never be like Schwarzenegger's without the use of steroids. He just isn't made like that despite him training 6 days a week.

When I told him I want to be like Jessica Ennis he laughed as she hasn't had 4 children and has trained religiously and consistently all her adult life and hasn't been morbidly obese! Fair enough I suppose.

I am probably making him sound awful but he really is nice, honest and realistic which is exactly what I wanted. True, I wanted hot as well but I guess we can't always get what we want and 4 out of 5 ticks isn't bad :)

Good for you. No hiding from a personal trainer. I bet you will see huge benefits from it. Good luck :) x

Thanks Shelley and that's why I've gone down the PT route. Yes, it means spending money but I've already spent out for my op (sleeve) and I am determined to make this work. I have had gym membership before and popped in for a quick 15 mins, barely broke a sweat and then popped off to the jacuzzis and saunas. This way there is no slacking off!

Back