• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've caved in............

seawaves

Hello everyone, i'm sort of back & its due to pureed mash!!
I wasn't meant to have anything until tomorrow, but i was sinking so far into depression (i stopped my meds 2 yrs ago & did not want to go back!) so at 4.30 this afternoon i had 2 small spoonfuls of mash & grated cheese pureed, my word it was good i think i ate it a little fast (had a bit of wind) but i feel like a light has gone on at the end of the tunnel, whats worrying though is i feel that i could over do it & have more now :eek:, i'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning a week after surgery & see whats happening there i don't feel i've lost much but just getting through this week alive is a bonus.......i did feel like ending it all at one point :cry: but hey things can only get better......thanks to everyone for there support, sending lots of love xx

Just take it steady and remember this rough period will pass and you will realise how right you were to take the plunge.
I am sure from now on you will feel better each day, definately so when you can take in better nutrients!
Life is going to be sweeter by the day for you and I hope you enjoy your journey to the fab slim you from now on xxxxxx
Nice to see you posting as people have been worried about you and willing you success and happiness

I totally feel for you, the first few weeks after surgery were a horrendous time for me emotionally, I remember telling hubby that I wished they could put me back as I was, I was miserable and hated what I had done...it did get better more and more over time and I can honestly say that I am so thrilled that I did it that I would sprint to get on that table and do it all again if it meant being the me I am now.
Im glad that youre feeling a bit better about it.
Steph xx

oh really, one day surely won't matter and I know I am CRAVING mash and cheese :D Keep it up honey, I am sure now you can try some different foods, you will feel better. I came off antiDs earlier in the year after 16 years on them more or less non-stop, and my GP wasn't happy but I did it and feel amazing BUT I have been warned of a post-op crash!

Welcome home seawaves xx

Don't beat yourself up about a bit of mash sweetie, just put a bit of extra milk in so it's not too thick and you be fine.. enjoy it. I remember my first few spoons, i felt like Jamie Oliver had been round...

Remember things can only get better, good luck for the scales tomorrow xx

Always sending love and hugs to you Em., it's been such a tough time for you and I hope the worst is now behind you.

It was an anxious wait for the surgery and a climb to feel better, but you know you have a lot of loving support on here and I do hope that you will continue to feel stronger as the days go by.

Be kind to yourself and take special care....

Sending love and gentle hugs to you Em xxx

hey sweetpea, im a firm believer in listening to what your body is telling you, im not sure of the rights and wrongs of eating post op but you were only a day out and other people have posted that they ve done the same, and they have been fine......

the only thing i do wanna say is, please dont be hard on yourself getting on the scales tomorrow, id personally try and wait as you realllllly dont wanna be in for a disappointment if the scales havent budged.... your a week post op, crikey everything will still be sore, swollen bruised, maybe retained fluid/gas from the op still so you might not have lost any! and then i worry it might get you feeling down even more babes when in actual fact its just because you ve gone on them to soon...and not the op 'failing'.....

will you wait till sat hun? ill do a weigh in with you?...... just gives u even longer to get settled and your body rested....you could prob do with waiting another couple of weeks tbh, but i know how hard it is...

have you much support around you em?.... i hope so sweets, as from your posts i feel that you need it and you truely deserve someone there to give you a hug or to say 'come em you can do it, chin up girl' im sending those exact words n hugs but unfortuantly its through cyber space.....

but please dont feel alone, come on here, there s a wealth of support varying in all knowledge for you take and also have a giggle along the way :)

were all here for each and every person that graces this site ;) if we all cant help each other out then crikey were all at a loss, as we all know exactly how each and every one of us is feeling as were all battling the same horrid battle...

(((( hugs)))) and i hope your ok and resting and healing well xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sending huge hugs Em. I 'caved in' too and began mushy food a whole week before I was meant to. I was souped out! It's just got better and better since then. I'm staying on mushys for another 5 weeks! (being a good girl now, LOL)

but that's fine. It's having a few different flavours and textures which helps so much. I hope the weigh-in goes really well and gives you some great news. I waited for 2 weeks, mainly because I felt so completely pants for the first 2 weeks.
I'm so, so sorry you've had such a rough time. I hope and pray that everything begins to come together now. You've been through so much. You're still here. Keep fighting! You're a fighter, I don't believe you'll stay down for long. In a few weeks you're going to feel so different. I know I do!
Sending huge hugs and love.
Charis xxx

Hi Em, well it all went t*ts up last week, but I am glad you didn't get cancelled & all went well for you, although quite upset that we didn't get chance to meet...raincheck on that though. So you are home & recovering nicely now, although I am sorry you had a bad few days to start with. I did chuckle re. the mash & cheese, I bet it tasted heavenly & you obviously needed it so don't beat yourself up about it! xxxx

Emma...((((((((((((hug))))))))))))

I am so glad the mash hit the spot...20 days on milk is hard going....
Your head will be straight soon hun..... x x x
Keep posting.... x x x

doesnt food taste sooooo much better when your reaaaaly hungary? lol - i bet you nearly wet your nickers over that spoonfull of cheesy mash didnt you - lol! whats a few hours? glad you enjoyed it and your on the up hun! things can only get better from now on eh! and you can only get smaller!
loadsa luv n healing hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't be too hard on yourself Em. Just think how much more it would have been pre -op. A little mash a day early is nothing to worry about. I know how lousy depression is and you've been so brave to go through this op knowing about the post op crash. But if anything, your past experiences of this horrible illness will help you get through any lows now. Just trust in yourself and keep an eye on the signs, and don't be too reluctant to go see the gp if it does get too much. I know it's a great acheivement to be off the meds, but if you need to go back on them for a few months there's absolutely no shame in that. But, I have a feeling that once you see that weight dropping off in the next few weeks you'll be walking around with a massive smile on your face. :)

think i quite fancy some cheddar mash for my tea now.

Back