• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've done somethin so stupid - Advice pls

Andrea73

Well why o why did I do. I was out working tonight doing a wee shift with an old lady. I go to her house, get her dinner and then put her to bed. Well there was a wee vienese biscuit there that wasn't even shouting my name. So why I ask myself did it end up rammed down my throat. I can't believe it. I had never been tempted. I am 5 weeks post bypass - do you think I will have done any damage. Apart from feeling a bit windy and stomach going like a washing machine on full spin I feel ok. The biscuit didn't actually go down whole I did chew it well.

Please give me a bollocking and then some kindly advice..

I'm pre surgery so no advice really but just wanted to say don't worry! I'm sure someone will come along with some advice soon x

thank you. I just feel so stupid after spending all that money. I know that I can't change it only learn from it.

The key word is moderation not deprivation. Ok 5 weeks post op is a bit soon, but its nothing drastic. You will have more times like this and it will be with worse things than 1 biscuit. I am 6 months post op and had a gingernut the other day with a coffee, the only thing is 1 turned into 7 before I knew it ( I wasn't even hungry, just stressed with assignments 8O( ).

Sometimes depriving yourself of something only makes things worse and then you end up having a full blown pig out. Draw a line under it and start afresh tomorrow, after all none of us are saints and do things we shouldn't.

Keep your chin up hun, and consider yourself told off (just a little bit though and not in a big shouty voice either lol). x x x

Hi Andrea,

I don't think you are stupid far from it, as you said in your own words, "I know that I can't change it only learn from it".

If we learn from a mistake, blip or whatever we want to call it it can only be a smart move.

Totally agree with Tesmaralda, its not about depriving ourselves. There will come a time when with trial and error we can have things, but in moderation.

Pinkyxx

Bad girl! Consider yourself told! Lol, I have recently found my mind (in my handbag of all places) after losing it for several days and eating junk. It happens. You will find that you will want things you shouldn't and sometimes you will eat them. Sometimes that eating will come with punishment like dumping or a churning belly, sometimes not. You need to think now on what your mindset was tonight and try to plan for the next time. Was it stress, was it boredom, was it a biscuit-specific craving or would any food have done? Once you think on it, you can come up with a stategy. Plan to have snack, something you bring with you and eat it even if you aren't hungry that way you will be too 'full' to snack on something bad. If it was the biscuit, make a low-carb version or buy something sugar-free online pre-made and take it with you.

It is all about recognizing why you eat so that you can modify the behaviour. Do your best and when you slip up, and it does happen to everyone, make sure you give it some thought. Also don't be too hard on yourself, a biscuit in the overall scheme of things means nothing, a dozen well then you may have a problem.

Nic:)

I went christmas shopping on friday , so hence a lot of choccy stuff was bought (Thorntons, tins of bikkies ect), not for me you all understand:eek: but I had my grandchildren so I bought a pkt of 4 rolos and also my favourite frys chocolate cream:eek: and yeps!!!!! me ate a whole frys choccy cream..... THERE I SAID IT!!.... hopeing later that I would dump but It never came:confused: Therefore I gave them to the kids over the weekend. I only lost 1lb this week so Ime off to the gym starting today!!! hopefully it will do some good not only to my mind but also my body. Take care Gail.x

As a freshly created post opper this thread is interesting to read. I'm only 2 weeks post op so still eating fairly small amounts of pretty much mush. It's easy to think at this stage that this bypass is the answer to all my prayers and I will never be able to eat the crap I ate in days gone by. This thread shows otherwise! It shows that you still need willpower to make sure the right things go into your mouth and it also shows that not everyone dumps or has adverse reactions to eating the wrong type of foods.

Thanks ladies for the small reminder that although most of my prayers have been answered, there may still be some tough foodie battles ahead.

Cuppa xx

We all make booboos - if nothings happened now its not going to so dont panic. The fear of dumping has stopped me doing anything like that though

Back