• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've finally met the surgeon.....

Rising_Sun

Chugging along
........the lovely Mr. Ammori. (would a man object to being called lovely?:hmm:).

I also met the lovely Helen144 and a few other ladies who will hopefully be joining us on MiniMins.

Okay, I didn't get an op date today, but I could have had my pre-op assessment today, my time permitting. I had to leave to collect kids from school unfortunately. Still Mr. A dictated a letter to pre-op and a lovely nurse took me down to pre-op and asked if they could accomodate me tomorrow morning to which the lovely pre-op team said they would. Yep, everyone was just lovely today including my kids school for not tut-tutting when I rocked up at 3:36 pm and not 3:15. Will be getting an op date soon after I'm told.

Gratitude journal entry for today: I'm thankful for all the lovely people I met today and that I do not need a psych evaluation and that my op (pre-op assessment permitting) is not too far away after all :stickdance:.

ohh nice one wont be long now, and you will soon b e on the losing team :)

glad all went well Plus, and hope your pre op goes well tomorrow.

SOunds like it wont be too much longer for you to wait now.

That's great news Plus, and I agree Mr Ammori is so down to earth and lovely...you would literally trust him with your life....xx

P/s did you see him at Spire?? I was suppose to see him at 1.50 yesterday I could of met you all!! gutted now as I had to cancel it...

Awwwwwww im so glad to hear it went well and am hoping it went the same way for Helen. Il keep my fingers crossed for you that it comes quickly, and am hoping it was the same news for Helen x

Hi Plus, glad it went alright and good luck for tomorrow. Don't stress out tomorrow stay calm. My blood pressure was so high at pre op assesment that it delayed me getting my op date and you certainly don't want that do you?? Take care x Gaynor x

Aww, thanks everyone for your kind replies. Yeah, today went better than expected. Hope is restored.

CG & SS, I've officially joined the fan club now. Mr. A has such an easy manner he instantly makes you feel at ease. I wasn't expecting a handshake but got two and I felt valued. Not my usual experience with doctors in general.

Thinkbethin thanks for the pre-op advice. I'm mostly excited though. No nerves yet, but that might change. Speaking of pre-op assessments, what happens exactly?

Toadi, Helen was seen before me, which was great because we had a quick very helpful chat before I went in next. It's looking good all round but I will let Helen do the talking.

BTW CG, I saw Mr. A at Salford Royal.

Hi there

Im so glad it went well for you too today , i wonder whether we will be on the same day ??? I really liked him too, Did you take my advice lol, it seems like you did cos u got away without the psychiactric referal too, it was lovely to meet you today , keep me posted on how it goes .
It was lovely to meet you too Helen and yes I took your very helpful advice. It also seemed that Mr. A didn't want to put more hurdles in the process because he's obviously aware its been a long time getting to see him.

When you told me he was referring you straight to pre-op, I hadn't realised that it was to be on the very day. I was taken aback when he told me I could have my pre-op on the day. Of course I tried to coax a date out of him, probing whether this might be in April. He merely tapped his nose. I suspect that they will only deal with op dates once you're cleared for surgery. Boy I hope it's soon because I need to organise my work life. Will keep you posted.
xxx

well done plus ..... your nearly there .. and hope everything is going well today .... and u get want you want and hear them magic words of a date xxx

Back