• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I've gone back to all my old eating habits :(

:)

I think we're pretty damn awesome to have come so far but you sound like me - instead of looking back and going "Damn I've done a lot of good things/come really far" we just look to the future and think "Just how much further do I have to go?"

I have had a few slip-up post op - and had a few during the LRD - but it was something my mum said that really helped "It's taken a lifetime for the weight to get on there, it's not going to disappear from your life overnight."

I'm already having to adjust to having more attention from the opposite (and same!) sex, which is scary, but I know that I can do it with my support network - my friends and family and this lovely place.

I know we can both do it, and just imagine how fantastic you'll feel once you're on the right road again :) x

Aw - glad that you girls can understand and help each other through the difficult times xx

A lot of people who have wls could do with help with the physchological side of it. But have battled on in silence, afraid of sounding so negative, when this should be a happy time of improvement for the future.

Whatever happens no one is on their own and we can all do a little by giving support and friendship - even if we don`t live that near to each other; and by doing so can help make the journey a little easier knowing we don`t have to cope by ourselves.

Sending big (((hugs))) to you Yorkeagle and also Mio - hope things settle down again very soon, now that you have discovered the right way to help yourself xx

Take care hun x

Love Kat x

Change your iron to Ferrous Fumerate Sugar Free Syrup. It is far far gentler on the stomach! Plus it is the best absorbed for post bypass, as it isn't enteric coated (all iron pills are coated), and the new system doesn't break down enteric coating as well as it used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

you took the keys from under my fingers shel. since changing to liquid ive not had any stomach ache after taking my iron.

I hope you find your way through your emotional nightmare, honey. This post should serve as a warning to all pre'opers that WLS needs to be researched to the death before even seeing your GP. It is not for everyone & as we are probably all emotionally scarred to one extent or another, it can sometimes set free demons you thought to be laid to rest. I truly do think you can find your way through, especially as you have found the courage to come back on here, so if you can also seek help from your GP & talk things over with like minded friends like Mio, you should see a change in your outlook soon ... So sorry about your dad, too sweet, but as the person who probably loved you most in the world, then do this for him xxx :)

Back