• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

James cook patients

countrywench

Try the search bar at the top ?

Snikki40

I know this thread is a few months old but I've been off site a while and only lately returned. I had my surgery at James Cook 2 years ago and wondered how you are getting on?
Hi, yay at last, someone from James cook!!! I had meeting with my surgeon last Monday and we decided on which surgery I was having. I have done stool sample and have lrd assessment and dietitian assessment on 21st Feb so it's all moving in the right direction and fingers crossed surgery is not too long after. How are you 2 years post surgery x

cupid1964

Thanks to Mr Dresner and the help from some very special friends made through this site I'm fine. Had a few ups and downs nothing major though. Can honestly say that the team at James cook are top notch bless them. It's not an easy path in fact a very hard choice to make but the result is worth it. Never in a million years did ever think I could be in a position to say his but it's the best thing I ever had done. I'm now over 8 stone down. I believe in the team enough to have my daughter through the same team and her dates are pretty much the same as yours. I got cancelled three times before mine was done due to no beds even having traveled twice and it's a fair trip from here but if it happens to you don't worry hun once your with them they really take care of you and won't let you down. X

Snikki40

Thanks to Mr Dresner and the help from some very special friends made through this site I'm fine. Had a few ups and downs nothing major though. Can honestly say that the team at James cook are top notch bless them. It's not an easy path in fact a very hard choice to make but the result is worth it. Never in a million years did ever think I could be in a position to say his but it's the best thing I ever had done. I'm now over 8 stone down. I believe in the team enough to have my daughter through the same team and her dates are pretty much the same as yours. I got cancelled three times before mine was done due to no beds even having traveled twice and it's a fair trip from here but if it happens to you don't worry hun once your with them they really take care of you and won't let you down. X
Oh thank you you've really put my mind at ease. As much as I want this it's major surgery and I'm starting to get nervous now I know it's really going to happen. This site is great and I don't think I've seen anyone who's regretted surgery. At the lrd assessment is that when I have to start it or is that to start when I have a surgery date? My appointment Monday was 4.10 x

cupid1964

They will give you the date and you start it 7 days before the OP date. It's by far the best lrd compared to any that I have seen on here and I may be wrong but it's the shortest too. Do NOT deviate from it though hun because the minute you do it goes right back up and that will cancel the OP because it's far too much of a risk to do it and causes major risk to you so Mr Dresner won't put you at riskfor anything... It's not milk diet either as he doesn't believe that the milk diet works at all and reduces the patient's immune system. Different Surgeons have their own rules but you will be surprised after reading many problems people have on here the variety of foods is good. I was never hungry when I did mine because I reduced the amount I was eating up to 3weeks before I started and was worried about putting weight on because I was on my first all inclusive holiday and came home a week before my op. I was worried about so many things and scared too but really had no need to be. Easy to say when your on this side but I really can't explain how good you are looked after. I have major problems with anesthetic and they were brilliant....They advise you to get any meds you take now changed to liquid form before your date to make it easier to take after, ask your doctor for a prescription for as many liquid forms and Dalvit which is a liquid multivitamin given to children and babies Hun. I also advise you to buy some peppermint cordial as it can be added to warm water for trapped wind as it can cause you pain afterwards its the gas they use to make it easier to do the OP but it is just wind Hun. If you have any questions I can help with just say I will try to help you if I can...Even what you wear after will make a difference. Loose nightdress and comfortable knickers are best because it's easier for you when they come check on you after the OP. No will come and see you after too if she's at work. Xx

Last edited:

Snikki40

Just checked my daughter's appointment with dietitian and lrd is the same day as yours.
Oh wow we really are at the same stage. I live in Dishforth so I've got both appointments the same day as it's a hike to go backwards and forwards, only thing is one at 2pm and other at 5pm so bit of a long day x

Snikki40

If you spot us then say hi Hun we look pretty much like my profile picture as it was taken since my surgery. I am pretty sure her apps are 3pm and 5pm as we are in Scarborough. It's a long trek but I trust the team so well worth the travel as it will be my girls first ever surgery. Xx
We're bound to bump in each other then. Thank you for all your advise x

cupid1964

Hi, I've got surgical pre-admission assessment 8th Feb and was wondering if your daughter has hers round about the same date x
Yeah she got a call yesterday and has appointments changed 3rd Feb endoscopy 7th pre med and surgery date sooner than we expected but she's under a different surgeon. Did you get your surgery date yet? Seems they are on top form ATM