• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jane's WL Journey

CraftyJane

Hi all,
So I am day 7 of the 4 week milk diet that I need to lose 6kgs within the 4 weeks. All week I have been fine apart from the runs. I'm going to call Luton & Dunstabl in the morning and switch to lactose free milk, will I get the same weight loss by drinking lactose free milk? Any advice will be muchly appreciated and I'll let you know how I get on.. :confused:

So a week after changing to Lactose free milk, and not even a gurgle :), 1st week weight loss 4kg's 2nd week 2kg's = a happy me, but the second week has been harder than the first

brilliant your doing so so well!!! you will be in that hospital before you know it! :) :):):) keep going hunni xxxxxxx

I had to do the same, my weight loss slowed because I was in week 3 and not because of the change in milk :)

Jane,

How easy is it to get Lactose free milk? I am (slightly) lactose intolerant -- can take small amounts in like a cup of coffee or tea .... but have probs (like you say, the runs) with large amounts of milk, yogurt or cheese.

Am hoping that I don't have to do the milk diet, but some other pre-op diet .... but just in case ..... I have never looked for Lactose free milk in the shops (and I live in a flat above a convenience store which I am pretty sure does not stock it).

Best wishes with the rest of your pre-op diet !!

Sharonimo said:
Jane,

How easy is it to get Lactose free milk? I am (slightly) lactose intolerant -- can take small amounts in like a cup of coffee or tea .... but have probs (like you say, the runs) with large amounts of milk, yogurt or cheese.

Am hoping that I don't have to do the milk diet, but some other pre-op diet .... but just in case ..... I have never looked for Lactose free milk in the shops (and I live in a flat above a convenience store which I am pretty sure does not stock it).

Best wishes with the rest of your pre-op diet !!

You can get it anywhere can't you isn't it soya milk? Xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Lactofree is stocked by all the major supermarkets. Fresh and UHT, round about 1.23 for a litre. Soya is not recommended as it doesn't have the necessary cals/fat required - you would have to have gallons of the stuff.

There is a whole and skimmed version of the Lactofree.

Lactofree is stocked by all the major supermarkets. Fresh and UHT, round about 1.23 for a litre. Soya is not recommended as it doesn't have the necessary cals/fat required - you would have to have gallons of the stuff. There is a whole and skimmed version of the Lactofree.

I just gotta get myself to a supermarket which is a few miles away. Bcos I live above a convenience store with other similar shops (newsagents / general stores / internet cafes / kebab and chip shops etc) nearby, I have to make the effort to get to a "proper" supermarket.

But could well be worth it -- will be worth finding out if I have no adverse reaction to lactofree !!

If you are only slightly lactose intolerant you may find goats milk works as well. I seem to have severe intolerance especially after milk diet and cannot tolerate any lactose. Lactofree has had lactase added to normal milk - the lactase breaks the lactose into glucose and another sugar (I forget the name)

If you are only slightly lactose intolerant you may find goats milk works as well. I seem to have severe intolerance especially after milk diet and cannot tolerate any lactose. Lactofree has had lactase added to normal milk - the lactase breaks the lactose into glucose and another sugar (I forget the name)

Hi Yve,

Did you do the milk diet before for a previous operation, or was your bypass re-scheduled?

Because on the left hand side it says your op is 16 April 2012 -- so I just wondered why you have done the milk diet once already?

Just me being curious! :)

Ta,
Sharon

l&D require you to do the milk diet for at least four weeks to lose your 5%. Only after you have done this and then successfully maintained this loss for a month afterwards will they add you to the list. Then you do it for another two weeks pre op

Oh I see! Thanks for the explanation !!

Back