• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

How's everyone else doing as we reach our 6 month anniversary ?

Crickey, I didn't realise it was 6 months!!!!! Wow how time flies!!!!

Things for me are going really well, just reached 6 stone weight loss!!!! And gone from a size 26-28 to a size 18-20!! I need to buy some clothes for my holiday in mid July, but am trying to wait till nearer the time to make sure they fit properly!!! Loving going into shops and picking up clothes a lot cheaper than before!!! I wore a dress today - all day, and didn't have any chaffing between my legs!!!! (Sorry TMI but I am really happy!!!!) might even get a couple of dresses for the summer!!! Hubby will be pleased, he like it when I wear a dress - something which I rarely did before, especially all day and without tights and a girdle!!!!

People are noticing, and commenting on my weight loss which is lovely!!! And I tell them if they ask, that I have had surgery, and everyone has been really supportive!!!!

I am feeling like I generally have more energy now - although last week felt a bit yuck and tired but I am putting that down to TOM!!! Let's hope I feel better this week!!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well at our 6 month anniversary!!!!

Love salliebeth xxxx

So 6 months yesterday and I'm down 5 1/2 stone from surgery 7 1/2 all together from size 30/32 to 20/22 . I feel bloody fantastic not had ANY problems apart a few minor dizzy spells and passed out once at a concert but that was due to not breathing properly as I was next to someone with stinky greasy chips.... How it's changed for me food wise.... Can't eat breakfast at all so I have 3 meals later thru the day..... I can manage 3/4 of a deep filled sandwich without crusts..... I hate fried food can't stand the smell and if I had a nibble of something say fish from the chippy I get awful tum ache so I don't bother. I don't faff with meals for me... Just have small amounts around 2/3 serving spoons of every one else's food I cook from scratch and if it's say a con carne or Bol il for go the pasta/or rice... I can eat them but I'd rather have protein and veggies.... Yogurts and coffee are my life's blood and I can't get enough of grapes and strawberries. If I fancy a biscuit or a bit of choc or ice cream I have it just a tiny amount. I only miss cider and a shandy in this hot weather but found my liking for rosè has come in handy. My bmi has gone from 58.9-42.1...... I wonder how the next 6 months will unfold.... Great to see your all doing well keep up the good work image-1635085873.jpg

Last edited:
We're are all doing so well!
It's my 5 month op anniversary today & I've lost 4stone 8 pound inc my pre-op diet
I'm pretty chuffed with that & I'm now officially obese with bmi @ 34 so I've lost nearly 10 bmi points too.
I can now be more active & am not scared of going out to walk or run around with the kids. I dont walk as much as I'd like, its hard with a busy life but I am still a bit lazy if I'm honest. I could walk to work more often, it's only 1.5 miles away. I do love taking the kids to the park & running around the soft play.
I can see a difference in my shape although I've only gone from 20/22 to 16/18 it's not a massive change. I do love being able to fit back into everything in my wardrobe & knowing i look pretty good in most things.
I've not been a complete angel, i still enjoy my weekend tipple & will have snacks but in much much smaller quantities! & i keep them within my daily limit or compensate the next day. I can easily say no to snacks now.
I average 1200-1400 calories a day, I have 60-80g protein most days & limit carbs to 70-100.
I have to take psyllium as fibre to prevent constipation as I was really suffering for a while.
I'm at 7.2ml in a 10ml band & the last fill gave a little restriction. I still think i need more restriction but I'm going to wait a while. If I wanted to eat a lot i could, but now I have to eat slowly & chew well.
We went to Vegas last week & i was shocked one day when I managed over 700 calories in just 1 breakfast & i didn't finish it! Had salad later to compensate! Most of my meals away looked like i still had a full plate when I'd finished! I found myself apologising to the waitress & emphasising that the food was really nice! I do think people think its odd that a fatty doesn't eat all her food but i kinda like it!
I certainly enjoyed the holiday much more being less fat. We went to a concert & i did 12,000 steps in 3 hours without moving off the spot. Before wls i would have had foot ache within half hour & would have probably booked seats & had no where near as much fun. I even had a new found confidence to go and meet the band! Its things like this that keep me going!
My target is to be overweight / size 14 by September. I might just make it, it's only another 2.5 - 3 stone to go. I'll decide if i want to loose any more after that. I think I'm scared I'll look bad / not like me if i get too thin.
Hope everyone else is loosing well & feeling the benefits of wls. Looking forward to reading more updates.

Wow what an inspiration you all are, keep it up and keep us posted x

Doing really well. Just on our first holiday abroad since op and the change in confidence is amazing. Maybe not bikini body yet and only happy from shoulders up but feel so much better.

ForumRunner_20140616_212203.jpg

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140616_212120.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140616_212120.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 46
ive been saying that its 6 months since my op, but actually its only 5 months!! it was my 5 months surgiversary on Friday 13th (*cue twilight zone music*) and ive lost 6 stone 2 lbs and 3 dress sizes xx heres a collage I made last night, the last pic was yesterday xx great to see everyone doing so well :D well done fellow WLS'ers!!! :happy096: :bliss:

ive been saying that its 6 months since my op, but actually its only 5 months!! it was my 5 months surgiversary on Friday 13th (*cue twilight zone music*) and ive lost 6 stone 2 lbs and 3 dress sizes xx heres a collage I made last night, the last pic was yesterday xx great to see everyone doing so well :D well done fellow WLS'ers!!! :happy096: :bliss:

That is just amazing!!!!!! You look like another person already! Amazing! Well done! And you should be proud of yourself!

I'll be 5 months post op on the 20th and I've lost 5 and a half stone but gained a baby! lol After being told that I don't ovulate pre-surgery, I ended up getting pregnant two months post op! I'm just shy of 12 weeks. Ooops. No one knows what will happen, but so far so good. :) Still losing, which surgeon said could happen, and my BMI is officially in the 'overweight' category for the first time since I hit puberty! 29.9! YAAY! :D Nice to see others seem to be doing quite well! :)

I'll be 5 months post op on the 20th and I've lost 5 and a half stone but gained a baby! lol After being told that I don't ovulate pre-surgery, I ended up getting pregnant two months post op! I'm just shy of 12 weeks. Ooops. No one knows what will happen, but so far so good. :) Still losing, which surgeon said could happen, and my BMI is officially in the 'overweight' category for the first time since I hit puberty! 29.9! YAAY! :D Nice to see others seem to be doing quite well! :)

Congratulation JennaMeri !!!!! On both the baby and the weight loss!!! Certainly a new chapter is beginning for you!!! Xxx

Hi guys

Haven't been on here for ages. Had my op 17th jan so just reached the 5month post op mark and I've lost 5 stone including pre op!!!

I haven't been taking my tablets which I know is really bad, I hate swallowing them, has anyone else stopped taking theirs?

I'm aiming to lose another 2 stone by the time notting hill carnival comes around which is about the 24th august.

Currently 19.2 down from 24.4

Does anyone else suffer bad trapped wind in their pouch. It got so bad yesterday I only had 1 1/2 sleep last night. Can't work out what's causing it and wondered if it was comman after surgery or if it's not trapped wind.

Does anyone else suffer bad trapped wind in their pouch. It got so bad yesterday I only had 1 1/2 sleep last night. Can't work out what's causing it and wondered if it was comman after surgery or if it's not trapped wind.
Errrrmmmm I thought mine was trapped wind n it turned out I had gallstones in bile duct. Wasn't till I collapsed I found out it wasn't wind.!!!! Get checked Hun as it's very very common after quick weight loss. Sorry to worry you.having mine out next month x

Is it any better Hun? X

Hi everyone just a quick catch up to see how everyone's going, well that's out first 6 month almost over, I'm now 7 1/2 stone down from my heaviest weight :) had a few ups and downs but wouldn't change a thing :)

Attachments

• image-2120467880.jpg
    image-2120467880.jpg
    402.9 KB · Views: 73
You all look amazing keep up the good work

Wow your all doing amazing. Im not really loosing anymore and im finding it very hard. Iv lost 3 stone since op and just seem to have been stuck for the last 8 weeks at 11st.7lb. I think I still have a way to go as im only 5ft ideal weight is around 8st.7lb-9st. Iv had some health problems over the last few months which has stopped me doing much exercise which has probably had an effect. Still loosing inches and bought my first size 12 6 weeks ago (first time ever). Im really unsure if im eating too much I can manage about a tea plate of food and eat around 1000 calories is that too high? I have been advised to eat more carbs to help with dizziness which has shot up my calories. Im just under 6 months out.

Hi everyone just a quick catch up to see how everyone's going, well that's out first 6 month almost over, I'm now 7 1/2 stone down from my heaviest weight :) had a few ups and downs but wouldn't change a thing :)

Looking fab Tracy, brilliant weight loss x

Back