• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

January 2014 surgeries

Id talk to your team Hun, i dont know much about the bypass other than what I've read on here but I think the 1st year is the critical stage. 1000 calories doesn't sound too much, I have around 1200 average & loose 1-2 llb a week. I do high protein, low fat, low carb & i must keep the fluids up to keep loosing, but I'm banded & it may be different.
Maybe try shaking up your diet & try different foods, our bodies are funny things & i find a bit of change helps kick start me or I have a couple of very low calorie days (600-800) to give me a boost, a bit like the 5:2 diet.
Hope that helps

Hi Lynzy, similar to Emma I average about 1100 cals per day, high protein and low fat/carbs and aim for 1600mls water, I lose between 1 & 3 per week. I recently started logging in myfitnesspal as I noticed a few bad habits forming and this has knocked them on the head.

You only lose a percentage of the excess weight maybe you reached that already but check with your team if your worried

Thanks guys I already log my food through my fitness pal so il keep doing that and try increase my protein again and maybe increase water. Il stick with it and hopefully will start getting results again will also try to speak to dietician again as m not sure when im due to see them next. il just be happy with loosing inches until the number on the scales decides to play catch up :)

image-3136517971.jpg

This was me yesterday braving the atrocious weather and exactly 5 months after surgery 28th Jan. Weighed 16stone 11lbs. Was 22 stone so total loss of 5 stone 3 lbs since start of pre-op. Had a very rocky start with 2 major surgeries which set me back in terms of mobility but fully recovered now. Still long way to go, at least another 5 stone! Delighted to be in the 16s. Been a long time coming. Stuck for last 3 weeks at 17stone 1lb and yesterday it shifted. Seem to carry a lot of fluid before my TOTM. Haven't been in the 16s since my daughter was born 12 years ago! Loosing 1/2stone per month on average and have accepted that now, as long as it keeps coming off! Onwards and upwards everyone! You're all doing sooooooo well!

Looking whoo hooo

Everyone is doing so well. What ever your losses are they are still losses. I'm down 6 stone 4 and only 1 stone away from normal bmi. Definitely slowing down now though.

Thats fab Lara, really well done.

I have now hit my target and am now just wondering if I can go that extra bit and get down to a normal BMi as well. 7st 7lbs down - still can't quite believe it!! Hopefully I'll manage 19lbs more :)

I agree Lara, it's definately slowing down now, everyone is looking great :)

Last edited:
6 months yesterday and I started a journey to change my life. I had my checkup yesterda evening and was told I have lost 89% of my excess weight. My BMI is 26.6 and only 10 lbs away from being healthy. My dietician told me I have exceeded expectations. Can't wait for the next 6 months. Thank you to everyone who has supported me. You are all awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900F using WLSurgery

Brilliant Lara, you have done, are doing really well.

I hope your not enjoying clothes and shoe shopping as much as me, I'm gonna be bankrupt shortly ;)

Take care x

Congrats lara doing superb

My word, unr doing well :)!well done u x

Well, it's been 6 months today since my surgery. I've lost 6 stone exactly and gained a growing baby. lol My losses have slowed down to a comfy 1.5 lbs a week (give or take 0.5). My only concern now really is the hair loss... it's horrible and feel like I have a U on the top of my head. The bottom part is healthy and full, but the top... *sigh* Oh well, perhaps it will improve in time. I'm more concentrating on growing Baby and getting the house ready for a little person. :) I don't regret any part of it. Hope every one else is doing great!

Just got to tell someone - I had new work uniforms today in a size 18, and they fit!!!! I am really chuffed!!! Never felt good in my uniform before, but I did have a little smile when I looked in the mirror!!!! Had a sleeve on 3rd jan, and was a size 26/28!!! :) xxx

That's wonderful news. Well done. It's an amazing feeling fitting into smaller clothes. I'm currently wearing a t shirt i bought in 1990 that I haven't worn for years cuz it was so tight & now its baggy!

Fantastic Sallie, so chuffed for you x

brilliant Sallie, so happy for you!! xxx

Back