• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

That's not fair! I had two in hospital and 7 to bring home... oh and no one to do them for me :(

Hi Rach and Chrisy,
Best of luck for Thursday!
Let us know how you get on!
x
Thank you x

I had 2 in hospital and 14 to do at home. Hubby wouldn't do it for me, nor would he be anywhere near when I did it. Such support eh? Lol! I hope he never needs them though as he couldn't do them, so I'd have to. Don't know if I could inject someone else.

I had 2 in hospital and 14 to do at home. Hubby wouldn't do it for me, nor would he be anywhere near when I did it. Such support eh? Lol! I hope he never needs them though as he couldn't do them, so I'd have to. Don't know if I could inject someone else.
I may mention this lol

cd

My son had 28 to do following foot surgery he was still doing his after mines were over and done with different hospitals work different I guess but he was immobile for 12 weeks so thats why so many

Ive just heard from heavenlykaty and all went well, she should be home tomorrow.

well done Hun xx

Congrats katy welcome to the bench rest and sip for a quick recovery

Sorry or the late reply, but it's the morning after my bypass and all seems well. Had a bit of a temperature in the night so they want to make sure it's stabilised and I've got to see the dietician. Surgeons been to see me this morning, said everything was very straightforward with the op and, all being well, I should be home around tea time! Yay!

I came out of hospital on Sunday after my op on Thursday , everything was straight forward! I have really bad pains in lest shoulder/collar bone area, but think it's from the gas! Other than that I feel brilliant!! I was sent home with 10 injections, hubby Runs a mile when it's time to do them so it's down to me, they sting!!! I'm really struggling with the liquidised food, yak...makes me gip!! Hubby made me some mini shepherds pies with mashed sweet potato so I'm happier with those!! 21 stone 9 in august last year, 18.10 day of op and 18.6 today!! 5 days post op!! I'm climbing the walls cos I don't really do resting but I'm just pottering without doing too much!! Good luck for your forthcoming ops, let us know!!! Xx

Hi gyp the pain will be from the gas if you can you could try some peppermint essence in some warm water I have used this in the past for other operation, but I don't know if you will be able to drink it as you are limited it needs to be in hot water but it foes east the pain by shifting the gas and help with the release. Take care

When I was in hospital they gave me peppermint water 4 times a day, see if your hospital can give you any of this as it does help loads x

Sorry or the late reply, but it's the morning after my bypass and all seems well. Had a bit of a temperature in the night so they want to make sure it's stabilised and I've got to see the dietician. Surgeons been to see me this morning, said everything was very straightforward with the op and, all being well, I should be home around tea time! Yay!

hi!
glad it went ok.
take care, rest and recover.
Sam x

I came out of hospital on Sunday after my op on Thursday , everything was straight forward! I have really bad pains in lest shoulder/collar bone area, but think it's from the gas! Other than that I feel brilliant!! I was sent home with 10 injections, hubby Runs a mile when it's time to do them so it's down to me, they sting!!! I'm really struggling with the liquidised food, yak...makes me gip!! Hubby made me some mini shepherds pies with mashed sweet potato so I'm happier with those!! 21 stone 9 in august last year, 18.10 day of op and 18.6 today!! 5 days post op!! I'm climbing the walls cos I don't really do resting but I'm just pottering without doing too much!! Good luck for your forthcoming ops, let us know!!! Xx

glad to hear its going well.
ive found hot drinks help move the gas and ease the pain.
might be worth a try.
sam

A few weeks back someone was talking about doing a weekly weigh in on a Monday. Did that get set up? Are we doing a new thread or the same? X

I never had the shoulder gas pains but I did find for stomach gas rocking back and forth helped it may help others though I know we are all different

I'm finally home and in my own bed! I've just taken some of the laxative prescribed for me. That seemed to help me get some wind out, if nothing else. The gas is probably the worst pain of all :(

Glad to hear you're home :)

The wind pain is definitely the worst!

Ive been using gripe water and/or windeeze and find these help.

x

Thanks Adele, I might try that next time :)

Good point Sophia, I haven't seen one yet. :)

I'm finally home and in my own bed! I've just taken some of the laxative prescribed for me. That seemed to help me get some wind out, if nothing else. The gas is probably the worst pain of all :(
That's something to look forward to then lol

Chrisy

Back