• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

Hi have you guys only been given a few diets I've been given 5 I can use so there's a lot of change to try. They are all 800 - 1000 with strick guidelines like only 1 portion of fat eg 5 g butter or margarine(1 teaspoon) 1 Strachey 1slice of bread or toast 1 crumpet. This is just an example but it dose mean if I'm going to be out all day I could stock up on milk and yoghurts and have a milk day

The lollies are just pushing the logic that ice is a food while water is a drink. It just happens to be the one 'food' you can eat without breaking the rules.

4 weeks is a long time is there a reason it's so long? Hope you feel better soon. You're amazing to stick to a liquid only. Keep going it's not for long and the op is more important than food. Xx My preop is ok. Allowed food between 800 - 1000 a day. So lucky. Although I just had a harsh reality that I must eat regularly and drink enough water. I woke up this morning and decided to spring clean the house. Ended up going dizzy and faint. Had to grab a drink and banana and sit down - be careful in this heat xxxx Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Everyone I know that has had the op at homerton was put on 4 week pre op, will also be because of my high bmi. I'm struggling I've not had anything today. Would love some grub lol xxx

Hi have you guys only been given a few diets I've been given 5 I can use so there's a lot of change to try. They are all 800 - 1000 with strick guidelines like only 1 portion of fat eg 5 g butter or margarine(1 teaspoon) 1 Strachey 1slice of bread or toast 1 crumpet. This is just an example but it dose mean if I'm going to be out all day I could stock up on milk and yoghurts and have a milk day

There are 3 options but you can't mix and march on mine and hosp advised me to do the slim fast. Not sure why.

That's a shame they are being so strive after all it just to reduce the liver so the other hospitals must know what works. Good luck just remember why your doing it it will all be worth it. You have come this far only a little way to go. Try to keep your self occupied with non food things :) your a string person and you can do it. Look forward to you journey up dates

That's a shame they are being so strive after all it just to reduce the liver so the other hospitals must know what works. Good luck just remember why your doing it it will all be worth it. You have come this far only a little way to go. Try to keep your self occupied with non food things :) your a string person and you can do it. Look forward to you journey up dates

Thank you

Day 2 of pre op.. Wish the raging headache would go away.. X

Hope your headache clears soon. xx

Headaches haven't hit me yet xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

You need to drink plenty of water especial when it's hot the more you drink the better you will feel plus it's free

Is anyone in a foul mood on this diet? Apparently im not pleasant to be around..lol but headache has cleared a bit.. X

Soooooooooo....

The hospital has just called me with a cancellation..

9th July!!!!!!

:eek:

That's fantastic how wonderful be hear in a flash and just in time to relax in the sunshine good luck :)

thank you x

Soooooooooo....

The hospital has just called me with a cancellation..

9th July!!!!!!

:eek:

But you'll miss a couple of days of the fun of the pre-op diet :p

Best of luck. Personally I think the waiting is the worst part and having it cut short can only be a good thing.

It means you're exactly a week before me.

Thanks everyone.

Yeah marcusbm... i'm starting the milk/yoghurt pre op diet today... not looking forward to it!

Good luck, just think about the end goal (makes a change from the World Cup goals ) at the end of it don't think of the what your doing just the why :)

Back