• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

July 2014 Surgeries

Thanks tranquil..
I do read posts but just stay in the background..unless I feel like I can help in some way.

Me too! You are not boring by the way. You had a difficult time with your issue and it was good you kept posting about it so someone else in a similar position has an early alert to what it may be. WLS is still relatively 'new' in medical terms and with little research into the area there is still so much unknown about any long term issues. So please keep posting!

TBx

Emma you were a great help to me and your not boring, you had a problem and you shared it with us and I hope you felt supported. Glad your feeling ok for now.

So, my first loss in 4 weeks! And it's a gooden... Now I'm thinking it is because of the running I'm now doing potentially.
Todays weigh in -
Weight loss since June 1st - 15st 2.1lb
Weight loss since op - 13st 3lb (ish)
Loss this week - 4.9lb
Starting weight - 30st 3.3bs
Current weight - 15st 1.2lbs

I have officially lost more than I weigh!! Yay :)

Xx

Wow sophiapink, thats really amazing!! Congratulations. thats really great!!

Thanks mouse and tranquil...
I do have to own up though that I've gained a bit of weight back..no longer a 12 but 14/16 trouser.
Dr ammori didn't seem to concerned as I'm over 5 yrs out and have maintained pretty good for my amount of years.
He told me to watch my crisp habit though,as I was totally honest and told him I eat far too many as I have a lot of foods that I can no longer tolerate...they just get stuck.
I think I need to go back to eating my own healthy hot air popcorn.

Hi Emma-Louise, what procedure did you have please? Glad your doing well after 5 years. I was sleeved by professor Ammori in August.

Thanks Marcus...all is well at minute :) I had stopped posting as I was all doom and gloom.... And there's nobody about anymore that had surgery many years ago like me...so I'm boring..lol

It depends. There are quite a few who had conversions and have their own history of complications, including myself.

Those without complications tend to not need the support community and post a few times about how great their experience was and then sail off into the sunset.

So, my first loss in 4 weeks! And it's a gooden... Now I'm thinking it is because of the running I'm now doing potentially. Todays weigh in - Weight loss since June 1st - 15st 2.1lb Weight loss since op - 13st 3lb (ish) Loss this week - 4.9lb Starting weight - 30st 3.3bs Current weight - 15st 1.2lbs I have officially lost more than I weigh!! Yay :) Xx

Omg you are smelling the 14's!!

I'm so jealous!!

I'll be happy just seeing a 16 on the scale before the end of the year! This last stone (17's) has been my nemesis xx.

Omg you are smelling the 14's!! I'm so jealous!! I'll be happy just seeing a 16 on the scale before the end of the year! This last stone (17's) has been my nemesis xx.

Don't speak too soon. I've gained 2lbs in the last few weeks. A mixture of massive stress, illness and no gym!

Eurgh. Xx

I've noticed that my weight doesn't stay the same but goes up and down by around 1.5kg over a week so I try to measure the trend and record the lowest weight during that time.

For example I weighed in at 99.0kg this morning but I know I was much thirstier when I weighed 98.5kg so I'm not going to beat myself up about it and accept that I have more liquid in my body at the moment.

Last edited:
Helen you and me both on the 17s I been stuck between 17 dead and 17.3 since last December I can't get to see a 16 on them scales no matter what I try

I know that feeling princess, someone at work said to me today Are you putting weight on. I could of cried, because I am starting to see it as well. And my small clothes are getting tight.

I know that feeling princess, someone at work said to me today Are you putting weight on. I could of cried, because I am starting to see it as well. And my small clothes are getting tight.

someone asked me on Friday if i was pregnant! x

Helen you and me both on the 17s I been stuck between 17 dead and 17.3 since last December I can't get to see a 16 on them scales no matter what I try

I have began counting macros in my meals (well total in a day)

Not watching calories at all (ending up around 1,500/1,800) so higher than normal.

And the stall is slowly moving a lb and possible lb today lol

I weighed now and it said 17st 4lb my LOWEST EVER and a 2lb stall movement in 2 weeks. Ran upstairs to get my phone and it went back up a lb. so 1 lb in 2 weeks. Either way it's moved.

Just gotta keep it up xx

Attachments

• image-3889073681.jpg
    image-3889073681.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 12
Today's weight - 14st 4lb
Weight loss since last weigh in - 1lb
Weight loss since pre op - 12st 2lb
Weight loss since pre op - 11st 1lb

I have began counting macros in my meals (well total in a day) Not watching calories at all (ending up around 1,500/1,800) so higher than normal. And the stall is slowly moving a lb and possible lb today lol I weighed now and it said 17st 4lb my LOWEST EVER and a 2lb stall movement in 2 weeks. Ran upstairs to get my phone and it went back up a lb. so 1 lb in 2 weeks. Either way it's moved. Just gotta keep it up xx

Really pleased for you Helen xxxx
I don't know if you heard. I lost my band ;-(

Really pleased for you Helen xxxx I don't know if you heard. I lost my band ;-(

Omg. Are you having a revision?

How you doing (in the circumstances) xxxx

Back