• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

welcome to the bench lisa sip and rest for a quick recovery

GG im sure they seen plenty of bare as in there time lol

Yes everything went to plan didn't go down till afternoon as surgeon didn't tell anesthetist team he wanted me first back on the ward by 530 sipping water at 7 had a few moments when felt sick and had dry heaves but nothing too major, morphine drip was knocking me out so stopped having that at 8 on the night and managed with just a paracetamol at 6. Had 4 paracetamol yesterday but nothing since 9 last night did through the lanzaporle (however u spell it) up and managed some runny ready Brek this morning and sipping water little and often

i have been on lanzoprazole for 2 years now i wouldnt be without it been on it for reflux as i was sick without taking it just takes few days to get used to i guess

I'm 19 years old and 16st. Paying private in Belgium, I know I'm not overly obese I just want to feel happy again. My mum is over 25st and is paying 7500 privately in UK next week. I just don't want to turn out like her so it's for the best. I'm very nervous but hoping it will all be worth it.

Good luck to both of you. xx

How's the pre op going TrulySlim. Mine is not too bad so far!

Hey DippyDeb,

Well..... I friggin ate plain grilled chicken wings and a chicken burger probs (600 cals tops) I dnt know why???!!! It was all in my mind. I wasn't worth it, it wasn't all that *rollseyes*

Anyway, I have taken two slimfasts to take it to just over 1000cals.

I'm definitely back on it tomorrow!! No slacking, no messing around.

How about you... How's it going

:)

Hi Feel for you TrulySlim, I'm so nearly breaking myself. I am so obsessed by food at the moment. I was watching a video last night about all the really healthy food to eat post op and found myself drawling over Navy Beans, like seriously Navy Beans. This pre op diet seriously messes with your head. Keep strong

Ginny x

Hey DippyDeb, Well..... I friggin ate plain grilled chicken wings and a chicken burger probs (600 cals tops) I dnt know why???!!! It was all in my mind. I wasn't worth it, it wasn't all that *rollseyes* Anyway, I have taken two slimfasts to take it to just over 1000cals. I'm definitely back on it tomorrow!! No slacking, no messing around. How about you... How's it going :)

Truly don't panic you just have to get back on track .. This is a long race Hun x

I have been ok .. But I do panic about food post op ! Lol

Like deb said don't panicking too much some of the LSD diets say upto 1000 kcals I found them easier needed some food when doing long shifts and my liver was fine x

Like deb said don't panicking too much some of the LSD diets say upto 1000 kcals I found them easier needed some food when doing long shifts and my liver was fine x

Hi Lisa35, if you don't mind me asking.. How much did you lose on your pre op. Just a bit worried that I have not lost enough and my liver won't be flexible enough? Xx

OMG... Two more sleeps... Can't wait to embark on this new journey, the new me...

Hi Lisa35, if you don't mind me asking.. How much did you lose on your pre op. Just a bit worried that I have not lost enough and my liver won't be flexible enough? Xx

Pre op is less about how much weight , it's more about shrinking the liver for access with keyhole surgery. If u have cut down your liver will have shrunk x

I lost 15.1lbs but like deb said it's more about the liver, I was lucky in the fact that my surgeon had already operated and checked my liver out prior to the bypass so I knew that I would be ok the dietician did worry me though as she said if I hadn't lost what the surgeon said I wouldn't have surgery... Well my surgeon told me to lose 5kg from the last meeting on day before surgery I had only lost 1kg my weight was never mention except after surgery by the dietician and as I told her I'd put weight on after the last meeting which she never checked but id lost 2.3kg in 3 days from the pre op. Don't worry so much about what you lose your liver will have shrunk

Pre op is less about how much weight , it's more about shrinking the liver for access with keyhole surgery. If u have cut down your liver will have shrunk x

Thanks hun... I should be fine then..x

I lost 15.1lbs but like deb said it's more about the liver, I was lucky in the fact that my surgeon had already operated and checked my liver out prior to the bypass so I knew that I would be ok the dietician did worry me though as she said if I hadn't lost what the surgeon said I wouldn't have surgery... Well my surgeon told me to lose 5kg from the last meeting on day before surgery I had only lost 1kg my weight was never mention except after surgery by the dietician and as I told her I'd put weight on after the last meeting which she never checked but id lost 2.3kg in 3 days from the pre op. Don't worry so much about what you lose your liver will have shrunk

Thanks a lot , don't know why I'm worrying.. Think nerves are kicking in..Lol.x.

I know about the nerves I had them on and off up till I'd come round from surgery that's totally normal x

Back