• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery take 2 - Farewell Band "Anna" & welcome MGB "Bob"

Anyway, back to my diary . . .

I have 4 weeks of pre-op, but am doing 3 weeks of milk diet. I'm on day 4. It's a bit like deja vu to be honest of the two weeks I did pre-band, and while yesterday (as always day 3 going into 4) was the hardest things are going OK and I've also lost 5 pounds on the first 3 days of the milk diet which is always a bonus.

Hard to believe I have 23 days to go until Surgery day, although only 22 when I fly off to Belgium. Starting to have all those usual mixed feelings about spending yet more money. I had to see my GP this week for smear and coil and told her in no uncertain terms how abandoned I felt by my surgeon that carried out my gallbladder surgeries and all his broken promises. I told her that I was going for an MGB and she asked if I would give her the information after. I intend to as I am hoping she will be supportive in carrying out post op blood tests, although cos I've not had a positive experience cos I had my band fitted privately I'm not expecting one now either.

The diet gets easier. I could not do the milk again so I opted for the low carb and low fat. I'm excited it's good bye band and welcome sleeve on Tuesday. Good luck to you.

I really hope it goes much better this time and I don't blame you for being honest about the whole gallbladder surgery :(

The diet gets easier. I could not do the milk again so I opted for the low carb and low fat. I'm excited it's good bye band and welcome sleeve on Tuesday. Good luck to you.

I find the milk diet easier, as I don't have food so it takes away that option LOL Good luck to you SUNSHINE for your op x

Hi Kat welcome back hope all goes ok for you x

Thank you!

I'm now entering into day 6 of 26 of the milk diet and all is going to plan. Lost just under 6lbs in those 6 days so that's an added bonus too. My travel arrangements arrived this week and I'm about to make full payment for my surgery this week coming as I don't want to be travelling with over £5000 on me as I have to travel for work the day before I fly.

It's these things that make it all the more real. I have been single for so long, but a few weeks ago I met someone and we've met up a few times. He knows I am going for surgery as he offered to pick me up from the airport, however I've not (and don't think I want to) explain I'm having a band removed and having a bypass. He knows I've had lots of health issues and the gallbladder problems and surgery so is assuming that is what it's with regards to, but, I will just have to see a) if things develop and b) if I need to tell him. There's still only 3 people irl who know about my band, only two know I am going for "investigative surgery" but they still don't know that I'm having the band removed and the bypass instead. I'm fed up of people making judgements. My son knows a bit more but well, I felt he needed to know.

So 20 days to surgery. Now that sounds scary, but I have got myself a surgery buddy who is flying in on the same day, having surgery the same day, we're in the same hotel and on the same flight home. So that will help as I'm still a bit uneasy about being completely on my own for some reason.

I really must update my signature LOL

It's all coming together :) I think I'd be nervous traveling for surgery alone too so I'm glad you've got a surgery buddy.
I've told virtually no one for similar reasons. I don't need the judgement, the jealousy or to be watched to see if I'm losing all the time. It's a very personal choice I think isn't it.
Good luck with the potential new love interest too. He sounds supportive which is a good start :)

So, last night I transferred over the full balance for my surgery. I have to travel for work the day before and don't fancy traipsing across London in the early hours of the morning with almost 7000 euros on me in cash.

It's these steps that make it all the more real but this is the point of no return now as I've paid. Not that I want to return or change my mind, but it has certainly kicked off the doubts, the GA fears, the what if it all goes wrong. So, in 2 weeks I shall be flying to Belgium, 2 weeks tomorrow is surgery day. I will start the second half of the year bandless but with a bypass. My band Anna, will not see it's 4th birthday, but I hope to goodness this works.

You know all the fears and anxiety is normal but that doesn't necessarily make it any easier to deal with.
You've thought this all through very carefully, done your research and I have faith in your choices x

Top cat. I had my revision on Tuesday. I felt like crap yesterday. Still not 100% but getting there. For me it was worse than getting the band. I was true regretting it yesterday but the good thing is I know it will pass soon Good luck.

Back