• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

Good Evening everyone, i am having my band on 28th June, that's 3 weeks today, just 3 weeks today, that means that i will only have 2 more Saturdays to sit and eat crap just cos its Saturday! The bit i am looking forward to the most is not obsessing about food, i don't want it to be my first thought of the day, i don't want to be thinking about what i will eat for tea as i prepare my breakfast, i hope that is part of the process?

Update!!! The morning after the day before. My bypass went well, was second on the list but that quickly changed to third as there was a diabetic and they needed to go before me. The surgeon also considered re- sleeving if the by pass wasn't possible.. In the end I got the bypass.. Apart from general stomach pain, weakness, wind and a sharp pain in the left shoulder I'm doing ok. Had my first sip of water last night and a cup of tea just now, only could manage a few sips only. Also I find that during recovery I was in much more pain than when I had my sleeve back in 2009... But hea oh... It's upwards and onward now...thanks for all your best wishes guys... I'm officially on the losers bench again.. Xxxxx

Update!!! The morning after the day before. My bypass went well, was second on the list but that quickly changed to third as there was a diabetic and they needed to go before me. The surgeon also considered re- sleeving if the by pass wasn't possible.. In the end I got the bypass.. Apart from general stomach pain, weakness, wind and a sharp pain in the left shoulder I'm doing ok. Had my first sip of water last night and a cup of tea just now, only could manage a few sips only. Also I find that during recovery I was in much more pain than when I had my sleeve back in 2009... But hea oh... It's upwards and onward now...thanks for all your best wishes guys... I'm officially on the losers bench again.. Xxxxx
Nice 1, WD mate. Here's to a speedy recovery. :)

Start of week 3 tomorrow, getting closer :)

Congrats jay and ready welcome to the bench sip and rest for speedy recoveries

I'm fine now but had a rough first 15 hours immediately post op. Quite an unusual reaction to anaesthetic. Hope now sip, sip, sipping, just trying to figure out how on earth I'm going to fit in taking all the meds, protein, liquids etc... I get so full on a couple of sips.

How's all the newly post oppers doing now?? Good luck to all upcoming operations. X

Hi hun, im not doing too bad at all. Im just sore and aching around the stomach... A bit weak and dizzy at times which is expected. Not getting in as much fluids as I should be.... working on that though as its super important.....Recovering better with the bypass this time around in comparison to when I had my sleeve 4 years ago....Im having lots of rest and relaxation...

How's all the newly post oppers doing now?? Good luck to all upcoming operations. X

Doing well. 5 days out. Able to drink just fine. Getting in enough protein but perhaps not quite enough fluid. Seem to be sipping all day!! Walking around. Almost no pain. Get v tired quickly though so glad I'm off work for a bit to get strength back. Hopped on scales for the first time since surgery and down 5lbs in 5 days so v happy. Lost 8lbs pre-op diet so almost a stone!
How is your recovery?

Glad your all doing well, I've lost 11lbs since op. When does everyone start puree anyone missing food? Getting close for you dippy x

Back