• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

princess4d4

I buy superdrugs own chewable multivitamins with minerals so no swallowing whole it helps a lot

Wireman

I use Asda to buy centrum fruity chewables they almost dissolve in your mouth . I use Asda because they are three packs for ten pounds.

princess4d4

I did fruity chewables for first 3 months now I get superdrug centrum is just not in my budget long term

princess4d4

I got 3 for 2 offer last week so got 6 tubs and each has 60 in so on 1 a day thats a year for just under 12 quid or 6 months if on 2 a day thought bargain

Louise65

Hi all so I am now just over 2 months pre op I am finding I can eat practically anything without problems but just can't eat very much I know am probably eating less than 800 calories a day. I lost 43lbs including pre op I'm a bit disappointed with this as I seem to be only losing 1-2 lbs a week now when I read on here other people seem to have massive weight loss. How much weekly do you guys lose? Thanks

princess4d4

Hi louise some lose more than others due to many things like starting weight diet etc you could try varying foods and maybe cut carbs out and see uf that helps but any loss is better than a gain and your doing well keep up the fab work

Jaywill

Hi all so I am now just over 2 months pre op I am finding I can eat practically anything without problems but just can't eat very much I know am probably eating less than 800 calories a day. I lost 43lbs including pre op I'm a bit disappointed with this as I seem to be only losing 1-2 lbs a week now when I read on here other people seem to have massive weight loss. How much weekly do you guys lose? Thanks

Hi louise... you and I seem to be experiencing the same thing... difference being I never feel restriction...Im starting to think if I really had the op...I consume 650-800 calories per day and exercise 4 times per week and still only manage to lose 1-2 pounds per week if that much at all ( I don't have a lot of carbs if any, as I see them as problem foods for me).. Its so disheartening as some people are doing ever so well... Im praying for a miracle as this bypass aint seem to be working for me...:cry::cry::cry:

Louise65

Hey Jaywill I know it's really disappointing I keep thinking surely it's going to pick up soon and I too am exercise 4-6 times a week which is 4-6 time more than I used to do. When I read that most people seem to be losing 4-5lbs a week it really disheartens me. But I suppose we just have to expect that as long as we're losing even1-2 lbs a week then this time next year we will both be new people. Keep up the good work ?

Stacey83

Up your calories, find your magic number! I lose best when I'm between 950 - 1100 with 2L water, 9 hours sleep and 30min minimum exercise a day with 80g+ protein!

I know it sounds mad but find a formula that works for you, we are all different and if it's not working at the moment so some experimenting within your prescribed boundaries.

Xx

Louise65

Up your calories, find your magic number! I lose best when I'm between 950 - 1100 with 2L water, 9 hours sleep and 30min minimum exercise a day with 80g+ protein! I know it sounds mad but find a formula that works for you, we are all different and if it's not working at the moment so some experimenting within your prescribed boundaries. Xx

Thanks for the advice Stacey it's funny you should say that because I actually made an effort to eat more this week and lost 3 1/2 lbs ?

Stacey83

Excellent! So, do what you did this week again next week and you'll be on a role. When it slows down mix it up again but it sounds like for now your formula is,having great results ;-)

Llora

Thanks for the advice Stacey it's funny you should say that because I actually made an effort to eat more this week and lost 3 1/2 lbs ?

I was advised to mix up the cal intake that the body would not get used to. I am not after surgery so not sure if that would help or after surgery too. :)

Jaywill

Well done on your loss this week Louise....im yet to weight myself...Think im a bit too scared to do so...Keep up the good job.. As Stacey says, im going to up the cals a bit and see what happens...x

terrilou

Hi All, if you're exercising quite a lot, you are using the calories you're taking in to help you to do that, so you're probably not then taking in enough to nourish you. Your body will then hold on to everything, like during starvation. Hopefully you will be noticing that your body is toning up and you will feel that your clothes fit you differently now. I think I'm about average as I lose about 3 lbs per week. I very rarely go over 600 calories, but I hardly do any exercise at all. If I do start more exercise, I will definitely up my calories too.

Good luck. Please don't think that your surgery is not working. I'm certain that if you change it up a bit, the weight will move more. xx

Louise65

Well done on your loss this week Louise....im yet to weight myself...Think im a bit too scared to do so...Keep up the good job.. As Stacey says, im going to up the cals a bit and see what happens...x

Good luck hope you manage to loss a tad more when you weight yourself ?

Louise65

Hi All, if you're exercising quite a lot, you are using the calories you're taking in to help you to do that, so you're probably not then taking in enough to nourish you. Your body will then hold on to everything, like during starvation. Hopefully you will be noticing that your body is toning up and you will feel that your clothes fit you differently now. I think I'm about average as I lose about 3 lbs per week. I very rarely go over 600 calories, but I hardly do any exercise at all. If I do start more exercise, I will definitely up my calories too. Good luck. Please don't think that your surgery is not working. I'm certain that if you change it up a bit, the weight will move more. xx

That's a good point actually re the exercise I had a feeling my body was perhaps on starvation mode so I will make the effort to eat more if I exercise more ? and I'm defo seeing a change in my clothes ?

princess4d4

i lose 3 or 4 lb a week i have between 500/650 calories a day i do one big walk each week usually a sunday weather / back permitting then just the usual pottering the rest of the week im considering a gym membership if i do go ahead i would def increase the calories to compensate

Louise65

i lose 3 or 4 lb a week i have between 500/650 calories a day i do one big walk each week usually a sunday weather / back permitting then just the usual pottering the rest of the week im considering a gym membership if i do go ahead i would def increase the calories to compensate

I really need to try and up my calorie intake because I seem to be doing more exercise it's just hard to get the mindset to eat more especially when I'm not feeling hungry :)