• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

June 2014 Surgeries

I am loving the purée stage! I can't believe how good mush is tasting at the moment. Today is ready brek for breakfast, fish pie for lunch, and refried beans with melted cheese for dinner. Snacks are Greek yogurt. Delish! 23lbs down including pre-op diet. Sx was 6/6.

Everything tastes delicious now even though it's puréed lol. I've just made up a batch of puréed veg in ice cubes, vegetable soup and cottage pies. Lost 28lb including pre op diet stayed the same for the last couple of days should really stop weighing myself every day but can't help it lol ? xx

I am loving the purée stage! I can't believe how good mush is tasting at the moment. Today is ready brek for breakfast, fish pie for lunch, and refried beans with melted cheese for dinner. Snacks are Greek yogurt. Delish! 23lbs down including pre-op diet. Sx was 6/6.

Well done you!! it's nice to share this experience with someone who is at the same stage as we had ours ops same day ?

How are you doing on purées?

I'm get manage too much at once and feel like I'm constantly eating and drinking lol. But no sickness just lots of going to the toilet so when I'm in work I'm slightly worried about eating incase I need the toilet lol. How have you been? Xx

I'm get manage too much at once and feel like I'm constantly eating and drinking lol. But no sickness just lots of going to the toilet so when I'm in work I'm slightly worried about eating incase I need the toilet lol. How have you been? Xx

I thought I had no restriction so decided to have a bigger bowl of beans tonight for dinner. Yup, I have restriction and won't be eating over the recommended amount again anytime soon! And, because I was hungry I ate quickly so it took time to register. Uurghgggghhhh

I thought I had no restriction so decided to have a bigger bowl of beans tonight for dinner. Yup, I have restriction and won't be eating over the recommended amount again anytime soon! And, because I was hungry I ate quickly so it took time to register. Uurghgggghhhh

Lol well lesson learned. I keep seeing food on tv and thinking oh I could just eat that even though I no there's no way I could. Easier diet to stick to ever lol ? xx

Got my surgery on Saturday and you guys talking about pureed food is making me want it to come sooner!! Can't wait to eat something other than slim fast lol

Got my surgery on Saturday and you guys talking about pureed food is making me want it to come sooner!! Can't wait to eat something other than slim fast lol

lol...very soon you too will get there hun... Time goes faster than you realise...All the best for Saturday....x

It will fly past today is now friday and dont be in a hurry for puree you first have to concentrate on getting enough fluids good luck

Morning all, I am back home now with the sleeve op completed on Tuesday 24th June so just on the two week fluids bit to help recovery.
All ok, feel remarkably well except for a certain amount of tiredness. Living on Slimfast shakes and WW soups at the moment.
Good luck to you all.

Morning all, I am back home now with the sleeve op completed on Tuesday 24th June so just on the two week fluids bit to help recovery.
All ok, feel remarkably well except for a certain amount of tiredness. Living on Slimfast shakes and WW soups at the moment.
Good luck to you all.

Congrats hun.....wishing you a smooth recovery...x

Welcome to the bench tc rest sip is the key now for a few days

Good luck with your surgery today you'll be at the purée stage soon enough it does come around quickly ? x

Morning all, I am back home now with the sleeve op completed on Tuesday 24th June so just on the two week fluids bit to help recovery. All ok, feel remarkably well except for a certain amount of tiredness. Living on Slimfast shakes and WW soups at the moment. Good luck to you all.
Pleased everything went ok I was like that when I got home felt great just tired a few early nights will sort you out. Good luck x

4 days post-op now- on slim fast, sugar free jelly and WW soup. Steve the Sleeve still feels a bit swollen so cutting back for a day or so- still not hungry so not a big hardship.

The 5 holes are all healing well.

Hope everything is going well for the other June oppers- there may still be few people left having the op today- best of luck.

I am very jealous of you! I'm 2 days post op after having a gastric band and because I had a lot of stomach muscle (apparently) I'm pretty sore and swollen. Haven't been able to sleep much because I have to lie on my back. Haven't felt like having anything but water and even then I'm worried about having too much as throwing up is the worst thing for me :-(

I am very jealous of you! I'm 2 days post op after having a gastric band and because I had a lot of stomach muscle (apparently) I'm pretty sore and swollen. Haven't been able to sleep much because I have to lie on my back. Haven't felt like having anything but water and even then I'm worried about having too much as throwing up is the worst thing for me :-(
Thats a shame Vicky- have thrown up a couple of times in the first 2 days- once when the soluble paracetemol was slightly fizzy and second when I gulped water when I was not quite upright. Can lie on my side to sleep with a pillow. Like GG have been quite sleepy but am trying to stay up all day so I can sleep all night.

I slept for 8ish hours last night as I was finally able to lie on my side which is more like normal. Also been feeling like having something with a taste which is really good. It's amazing what a difference 24 hours can have!

Definitely struggling to know when I'm full though because of all the odd feelings going on in and around my stomach (had a bit too much jelly yesterday but the uncomfortable feeling didn't last too long luckily).

Is it just me or is soluble paracetamol not the greatest tasting thing in the world? lol attempting to mask mine with a bit of sugar free squash but it doesn't help too much.

Back