• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just a bit of a rant...

wobbles

I have this 'friend' who i'm going to the movies with tonight. I don't want to go, but i've put it off for long enough. She knows all about my surgery and i have explained numerous times what i can and can't eat, and what actually happened during the surgery.

However, when we were organising tonight, she says 'I've got a two-for-one voucher for McDonalds so we'll go there and eat first'.

I didn't get a chance to say anything on the phone as we were both in a hurry. But what the hell am i going to be able to eat at McDonalds? I'm rather annoyed cause she really should know better, and she knows i've been struggling.

I don't know about anyone else, but i'm getting so tired of having to explain to people that i haven't had a band, i've had the friggin bypass, no they won't be taking anything out, yes it's permanent, no it's not the easy way out, no i can't eat that unless you want me to throw up all over you and then **** myself during the movie!!!

I have to pick her up in 10 minutes, and already i'm stressed out. Have had a shitty day, and what i really want is to just stay home and relax with a big fat ugly greasy pizza!!!

AARRGGHHHH!!!

(sorry)

I was gonna recommend the shake too!! I know they`re abit thick and not too healthy but at least u won`t b sat with nothing in front of u!! When me, my hubby & kids were on way to Birmingham for me to have band the night before we stopped off at burger king and cos I was on that bloomin pre op diet and was convinced the dr would know if I`d stuffed my face with a burger I just bought one of the kiddies milk cartons lol. So thats always an option too but I think I`d prefer the chocolate shake lol

I would just be honest and say you don't want to eat at McDonalds and reiterate why. The more you tell people, eventually it will sink in.

The other option for the future is to have something you can eat before you go, then have just a drink when you go somewhere like that.

Just be firm with people, they will soo get the message. Also you will be able to eat more normally eventually, this is not forever.

Chin up and focus onthe movie.....;)

This was one of the reasons I did not tell many people about the op, they will always try to tempt you and wont take no for an answer, I have told people I need to lose weight to stop the sleep apnea as it was making my life hell with the headaches and as they know I have suffered with them they think thats why I am eating health and sticking to it. A small white lie that wont hurt anyone and saves me any added pressure....xx

No shakes on a bypass! Will make you dump like no-ones business.

Can't think of anything completely safe at McD's, just put your foot down with your friend.

You should say no to McDs, only the milk, orange juice, water or coffee are safe. Tell her that you now avoid places like McDs because you really can't enjoy a meal there. If she is a true friend, she will realize she made you uncomfortable and if not you don't need her messing with your head.

Hope you do get to enjoy some time out, you deserve it. Soon, this won't be a problem because you will be able to do a salad or part of deli sandwhich without all the goop. You'll be past this phase soon and will have less stress of what eat.;)

I just have milk when i go with the kids. Its semi skimmed and is just enough. It may also get the point through that you cant just eat what you want and make her think next time

Thanks everyone. I suggested we go to the pub for a drink pre movie and i got a jacket potato with barbeque chicken which was really nice. It turned out she wasn't hungry because despite our plans to eat before the movie, she had tea at home.

Not to worry, the movie was good, so i've had time to relax after a stressful day.

I assumed that Mcd's milkshakes would be far too high in sugar and fat, so i'm too scared to try em. There is no point going there because all i'll want is a big mac, so why put myself in the position to be tempted, knowing i can't have it, which will make me feel bad.

Anyway, thank you for letting me rant.

Glad you got it sorted, your friend sounds like she wants to sabatage (sp) your healthy eating to me if she had already eaten at home....be prepared for her next time lol...xx

Glad you enjoyed the film, your friend doesnt sound much of a friend to me. think i woukld have chosen the option of throwing up all over her.:8855:Bridie x

I was gonna recommend the shake too!! I know they`re abit thick and not too healthy but at least u won`t b sat with nothing in front of u!! When me, my hubby & kids were on way to Birmingham for me to have band the night before we stopped off at burger king and cos I was on that bloomin pre op diet and was convinced the dr would know if I`d stuffed my face with a burger I just bought one of the kiddies milk cartons lol. So thats always an option too but I think I`d prefer the chocolate shake lol

Hi I'm new on here and only 2 days post op with a band. Is there any advice or tips you can give me? R

Back