• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just a little update from me!

Silver Shoes

Hi guys,

Not been around 4 a little while so thought I would pop in and say hi to u all!

I'm doing very well...7 months post op now which seems hard to believe! 88 pounds gone, I'm a size 12 and very happy!

My weight loss had stopped for the past 5 weeks and thought great...this is what I will be, but have just lost a couple more pounds so guess I'm not quite done yet!:rolleyes:

Had a bit of hair loss, but it is growing back thankfully. Take all my supplements, eat healthily and my bloods are perfect! Doing something right at least. I am Lactose intolerant though..but I can live with that. A side effect from the bypass...hopefully will get better with time! A problem with my monthlys, but wont go into details now..lol..replied to another thread with what is going on in that department!!

I have just had surgery last week on my wrist, which unfortunately failed but hey...I will get there in the end! Torn cartalidge and nerve damage. In a lovely cast at the mo...red..so it cant be missed! lol

I have been referred to see the plastics for my tummy tuck. We have a visiting surgeon come here twice a year and I am due to see him in June/July and get the go ahead for surgery. I have been told he normally operates within 3 1/2 months of the consultation, so hoping to get it done this year! It is performed back in the UK (portsmouth) so will need to spend a month in UK when/if I have it. It is a med reason y I am being referred, so for once hopefully I will not have to pay for something I need!! My stomach is quite loose, looks fine in clothes etc..but when I exercise it really bounces up and down, pulls and causes discomfort..lol, so my GP was able to refer me on medical and not cosmetic reasons. Had 2 emergency c-sections too...so it was always wobbly! If the surgeon says no, then I will go private anyway and get it done here.

I am planning Lipo on the inside of my thighs, I have pockets of fat that will just not go...so I will have them sorted too! Will pay 4 that..dont worry..cosmetic reasons! As u can tell...I have no fear of surgery, and seeing as I have always paid privately myself before...dont care what others think!!! My body...my money! Not hurting anyone else b4 u all start on me! lol:D

I just want to get my journey finished this year and get on with the new me.

Good luck to you all,

Kel xxx

great to hear all is going well for you. good luck getting your tummy tuck funding. i paid for my rny gastric bypass myself as could not wait for all the hassle of getting funding, but my gp has said he will put me up for an nhs tummy tuck when the time comes as i am already finding it is sagging and sometimes sore underneath and i am no where near my goal weight...i also have had an emergency c section which does not help! keep us up to date...take care x

Thanks Mermaid for your reply. I'm currently in Germany so under the Army health system...so as long as the man from Delmonte..(ok Portsmouth) says yes, I will be able to have it done! If not then no big drama, will just have to save more pennies! I too have always had to pay private. Would be nice to get help for something though, seeing as I have always HAD to pay for non essential medical treatment before, bcoz of where I live (which is not through choice! lol). My Tum is a medical need tho. Best wishes for your journey, you'll be at goal b4 you know it!

Kel xxx

Well done Kel, you have done brilliantly well since your op, congratulations on getting down to your goal and good luck with the consultation for the tummy tuck - keep us posted with your progress - I will be interested to see how you get on as I am going to need one as well for sure as sagging already and still got 3 stone to lose!!

Thank u Alli. I have been very lucky, that I have had a pretty smooth and quick journey. Just hoping to get everything done this year and give my poor body a break! lol I'll keep u all posted with further developments for those who are interested etc...and good luck with the rest of ur weight loss! U have done fantastically well. Sagging is bound to happen after what we lose, but hey, hopefully it will all be fixed 1 day for us! lol

Take care,

Kel xxx

fantastic journey ss fingers crossed the man from delmonte says yes dont forget to play on the fact that in the summer if you get seat rashes cause of your escess skin they could become infected - again another medical reason - (one a friend of mine went to see her gp about and got a tt). Keep us informed as to how it goes speak to you soon xXx

Hi Kelly its good to hear from you....glad your doing well and almost at your target weight....sorry to hear about your op not working out though but you sound very optimistic chick...xx

SS hi nice to meet you, hopefully the NHS will come through for you for your op. Thats excellent weight loss in the 7.5 months since your op :)

:clap: well done Kel you've done amazingly! Fingers crossed for you, and hope you don't go back to lurker-dom :(

Back