• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update from Nova

novamay

Born Free
Hi all, I went to see the bariatric nurse and dietician yesteday and all went well. Thankfully weather wasn't as bad as expected so I got there half an hour before the appointment!

The dietician discussed my eating habits and history and I gave her an honest appraisal of what I would typically eat in a day, owning up to the biccies and crisps....

Then I saw Kim and she went through the medical history, including any illnesses and medications I'm on. Both agreed that a bypass would be the best option for me, and I was happy with that. I comfort eat, can eat huge portions and eat in between meals too (grazing). They're referring me to a counsellor to help me get my head straight, find out why I overeat, and what I can do to prepare for food not being there as a crutch anymore! I also have to have sleep aponea tests as I scored 15; and as I'm having the bypass I will need the camera down (urgh!).

Kim said that it could be between 4-5 months before I see the surgeon. I was also given a weight loss of 5kg, as I'd put on weight since the seminar in September (2kg).... naughty :eek:! So, now I have a goal weight and an approximate date to lose it by, which ironically makes me quite :) rather than :eek: - go figure!

My sister is going to lose weight as she has to get 2 stones off before she can be referred for a boob reduction, so we are going to start a little club together and get weighed on a Tuesday each week when I visit her, starting in the new year.

Feeling a bit low today as I fell over in the snow when coming home from my sisters yesterday and bent my leg back under me and fell on my right foot so I now have a lovely plum coloured big toe... wouldn't be surprised if it was fractured, what with 23+ stones landing on it. :(
So today I have been hobbling around the house trying to get sorted for the big day tomorrow. Andy's been helping me hang curtains and hoover and mop the floor bless him! Service may be a bit slow tomorrow, but people will just have to bear with me.

Hope you all have a lovely christmas whatever you are doing.

Ouch.. Nova.. that sounds like a painful toe...what a day to have this when we are on our feet so much tomorrow...

It sounds like a great plan to get on the diet plan... I'm really hoping that we will still do our daily meal log in from January the 1st... you sound so much like me... I'm a grazer too... it just highlights how different areas deal with us in different ways... I haven't got to have the camera, even though the sleep apnoea test was ok... willing you on with your journey Nova and hope your toe will get spoiled tomorrow and everyone will give you a rest... you poor love.

Take good care and don't go for a hat trick!

Love and hugs xxx

Hia Nova. It's good to get another appointment out of the way and have your weight target set. And a great time to begin too, in the New Year.
I'm sorry to hear about your fall though pet. If it doesn't get any better, a trip to casualty might be called for?
Have a lovely Christmas
Grace xxx

Hope your toe isnt too painful, typical for it to happen right at Christmas when you have so much to do....good luck with your terget :D XX

Hiya

Glad your appointment went well. Heres to a new year and a new start.Hope your toe is feeling better today

Jo
xx

Hope you are feeling better today and getting ready to start on that target.
Wishing you all the good luck in the world
Jo XX

Thanks for your posts. My toes are now yellow instead of purple, and i can move them a bit so I guess I must be a good healer, and nothing seems broken.... we were a bit concerned cos my grandmother was diabetic and she ended up losing her legs due to banging her toe; and my dad died following an infected toe that wouldn't heal.

Mind, saying that - I didn't get much respite; still had to do the dinner and hobble about, but Andy did help with the clearing away, bless him. Resting it now though cos I've got to go back to work on Wednesday - I hope I can get my shoe on or I might have to go in my baffies (slippers).

I'm looking forward to starting the weight loss in the new year - and that's the first time in over 30 years I've ever felt like that! I'll be a woman on a mission....

Sounds like you had an excellent appointment Novamay, really useful.... So sorry to hear about your accident on the way home but you seem to have overcome that hurdle and business as usual for you!

Good luck with the weigh in's and the weight loss, hopefully next Christmas will be a whole new story for you my lovely xxx

Back