• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just a quickie

Hello all,
Just a quick question?? Has anybody paid privately for there treatment (operartion only no aftercare) and manage to get fill and dietrition advise on the NHS thanks for aking time out to answer my question

Cherry:rolleyes:

Hello all,
Just a quick question?? Has anybody paid privately for there treatment (operartion only no aftercare) and manage to get fill and dietrition advise on the NHS thanks for aking time out to answer my question

Cherry:rolleyes:

Yeah I have. I paid for the surgery only, no aftercare. I have an NHS dietician that I see every 2-3months, I see a councellor every 3-4 weeks, and I have just had my band adjusted through the NHS. I did have to pay for three adjustments to be done privately, but I made a request to my GP, and the consultant I see, both approached my PCT, and my PCT said due to "special circumstances", they agreed to fund future band fills. So yes, this is a possibility.

MNL:eek:

thanks my newlife i have an appointment at my gps tomorrow but a little unsure how to approch the subject i have already paid for 2 fills privately for i now have 6mm...thanks thinkbethin i havent been on in a whille but its good to be back

To be honest, I have a very supportive GP,who has done everything possible to help me. She referred me to the Obesity team at University Hospital Coventry & Warwick (this is not my PCT as my PCT does not offer this service ). I was under the obesity team for a year, they put me on medication for weight loss, even though I had taken it before, but followed their rules. After the year, they still would not do the weight loss surgery for me, so I paid for it privately. The obesity team have continued with my care, even though they didnt do my surgery. So I still see the consultant there (he did not do the surgery), but sees me every 6 months for maintenance. The dietician that I see under the obesity team, still sees me every 2-3 months, and the councellor I see, through my gp, again NHS,every 2-3 weeks. So I have as much care as if I paid for the full package. My PCT agreed to fund the fills as I had paid for my surgery myself and saved them money in the long run. Hope this helps. Also, insist that your GP write to your PCT for the funding, and plead your case. By the way, the band fills are also done at University Hospital Coventry & Warwick, they invoice my PCT (Northamptonshire), as my PCT does not offer this service either.
MNL:)

thanks for the advice i got refered to a weight management centre but while waiting for the appointment to come through my boyfriend paid for the op so i cancelled the appointment..fills are very expensive as i have to have xray fills as they have trouble finding the port so it would be great if i could get them and dietary advice on the nhs...my pct is birmingham and i think they do fund weight loss surgery

Back