• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sweetners

juni

hello everyone

I have been trawling and trawling looking for advise about sweetners....mainly for cooking or whole family

I have managed to stay away from sugar
and my husband s birthday is soon I would like to do a fat and sugar free sponge...

Sugar scares me and I have managed not to be tempted as I am scared of dumping

although its only been 4 weeks since my bypass I am planning ahead for his cake in 4 weeks time...

any ideas.....should I just do a cake for him and resist the nibble....perhaps I could answer my own question....!:copon:
But really would like to know how you all handle sweetners...

Thanks again oh wise bunch!

Juni

the jars of silver spoon sweetner sugar is great i use it for cereal but not sure if it would be ok for a cake or if bypassers can tollerate it.

I use splenda for baking, have done so for years being a diabetic. I love that stuff, remember that you have up to compensate for the lower volume of splenda when replacing sugar, as someone else mentioned. But the taste is great and the splenda people do lots of recipes and you can google about a million! Best of luck and let us know what you make!

Nic;)

thankyou

Thanks your all diamonds

Decided to make him his cake and do without...I am too scared of 'dumping' so best not temp fate and done without sugar for weeks its perhaps a step too far

scared .....yes...but just happy to make the cake he loves....

I perhaps will try splenda further down my journey when I introduce more food
my porridge is bland and it would make it yummy....

again as always your replys were fab!

Just to say i seem to have lost my first weight in my face neck arms and legs and my feet.....yes feet gone from wide size 8 to a size 6 my daughters can not believe it I am same size as them....gonna sell all my shoes on ebay and then get new ones...amazing!

Back