• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Terrible day - op cancelled and possibly back on

Arghh!! my emotions are all over the place! I want to feel excited, but I keep thinking something is going to go wrong! I just had a call from the neuro opthalmology unit, I have to go in for a day with them on 15th May and have a full MRI to work out whats wrong with my eyes - scary!

So glad your op can go ahead, Lisa :) cross each bridge one at a time & you will come through it all with a semblance of sanity :):) Good Luck, darlin xxx :D

Lisav said:
Arghh!! my emotions are all over the place! I want to feel excited, but I keep thinking something is going to go wrong! I just had a call from the neuro opthalmology unit, I have to go in for a day with them on 15th May and have a full MRI to work out whats wrong with my eyes - scary!

Good luck with that xxx I worked in imaging for 5 years. And most patients are nervous. But you will be fine. And fingers crossed its something minor. I bet worry over the cause is more worrying than the MRI (((hugs))) xxx

How disappointting at least the results were clear I hope you get your operation soon good luck

Lisa, I woke up and for about an hour I felt crap but now all is back well with the world! The staff on the ward and in HDU. Theatre etc have been excellent and I love having a bed that I can make into different positions, really want one at home.

Tomorrow is your turn, you have been siting patiently whilst others have gone before you. Good luck, I hope it goes as well for you as us today. I am staying in 2 nights,not rushing back to the kids stuck inside due to the weather!

I am no expert but I think what you may have is benign intracranial hypertention. It is most common in overweight women of child bearing age. Nobody knows what causes it but basically it is increased fluid on the brain. The extra fluid causes a high amount of pressure and therefore makes the optic nerve swell. This is probably what they saw behind your eyes. Although you don't always have symptoms people who suffer from it tend to have bad headaches and sometimes blurred vision. There is no known cure but loosing weight helps it greatly. Please don't worry about it though as it can be controlled by medication and isn't a serious threat. The only thing that they do keep a check on is your eyesight as your visual field can deteriorate over time if the condition is left un treated. By your description I am almost positive that this is what you have. It took me years of headaches before someone finally diagnosed me. Oh and I have had the band too and it has caused me no problems at all x x x

How awful, you poor thing. Thinking of you.

Good luck Lisa. Are you Tuesday? Xxx

Mum21baba, I think you've hit the nail on the head! I think that's exactly what I have and it was mentioned - do they normally do an MRI to diagnose it? My operation is on Tuesday but I'm starting to panic as I've had a terrible tummy last night and today - I'm not sure if it's down to the new blood pressure tablets or the fact that I've had the worst couple of days in a long time and the stress has upset my tummy. Right now I feel so ill :(

Sorry I thought it was today for some reason. Will be thinking of you and hoping all goes well with your health!

Lisav said:
Mum21baba, I think you've hit the nail on the head! I think that's exactly what I have and it was mentioned - do they normally do an MRI to diagnose it? My operation is on Tuesday but I'm starting to panic as I've had a terrible tummy last night and today - I'm not sure if it's down to the new blood pressure tablets or the fact that I've had the worst couple of days in a long time and the stress has upset my tummy. Right now I feel so ill :(

Could be stress. My stomach is terrible with stress. Hope you are ok today xxx

Back