• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Terrible day - op cancelled and possibly back on

Lisav

What an horrendous day :( over the last few days I have had some problems with my op and blood pressure - I was referred back to my GP after my pre-op appointment to get put on a monitor, while there he checked my eyes, as damage to the backs of the eye can be caused by prolonged high blood pressure. My left eye was ok, but my right eye worried him so he referred me to the eye hospital. I was shocked when they rang me the next morning asking me to come straight in. I did and got examined and then had to have tests, photos of the back of my eyes and those horrible drops in that enlarge your pupils. I then got called back in to the doctor who told me that she was worried that high blood pressure had caused fluid to form on my brain thus pushing onto the nerves in the back of my eye and that she needed to arrange an MRI for me and that i wouldnt be able to have my op until after all the investigation was done. She sent me home but I had to go to work and I made the dreaded calls to postpone my surgery - I was in tears doing that!!! At four pm I had a call from the hospital asking me to go back NOW for my scan - I should never have been sent home. I rushed back to hospital and was sent straight into CT and then had a horrible wait for the results, which turned out to be clear!!! The dr told me I could go ahead with my op and that they would now investigate this as an eye problem instead of brain! I have a GP appointment that was already made for tomorrow morning anyway so I will go and discuss with him if I can definitely have the op still and I already called the hospital to tell them I could have the op again so it may all be back on, but it has been horrific. My emotions have been all over the place and I've been switching between scared, terrified and devastated but I am hopeful I may still be able to have my operation. Please keep me in your thoughts x

Oh you poor thing :cry: I will certainly keep you in my thoughts, Lisa honey ... hope tomorrow is a better day for you sweetheart :wave_cry: xxx

Will definitely be thinking of you..what a shock thatmust of been.
Take care and hope all goes well for you
Andy x

Absolutely everything crossed for you x

Oh god Lisa my heart went at each line I read. But hopefully you ll still be able to have the op xxx

Hope you are ok Lisa :)

You poor thing. Good news is I had very high blood pressure pre my op. 9 weeks later it is virtually 'cured' according to the doctors. I am off my medications & bp was 119 over 75 yesterday. So your WLS will be a gret help in the future. Good luck.

What a day!! Massive (((hugs))) to you. Fingers crossed all settles xxx

Can't even begin to imagine how you felt that's awful :(

Huge hugs hun xxx
Take a deep breath and i hope the rest of your journey is smooth for you. Postitive side is that they can keep your eye problem under control now its been found and weightloss may be a big help to reduce your BP.
Hope today is much brighter for you (((hugs))) x

Thank you everyone! I went to my GPs this morning and he has confirmed the OP can go ahead! I have some BP pills to bring it down and I am now calling round desperately trying to get it reinstated

Lisav said:
Thank you everyone! I went to my GPs this morning and he has confirmed the OP can go ahead! I have some BP pills to bring it down and I am now calling round desperately trying to get it reinstated

Yay!! Fingers crossed all falls back into plan :D so happy you have been cleared though xxx

Back