• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

FINALLY Pre-Op Dieting Begins- 12/02/14

MyssJones

Hello Everyone. I am very new to this site.

I began my weight loss journey last year around this time for the umpteenth time around. I was doing very well in making gradual changes to my lifestyle. I even joined a weight management program in January to help aid and support me in my goals. Overall I lost a little over 30 lbs in 5 months. Not great, but a start. So far I've kept off 20 of those pounds. After completing the program, I thought very strongly about having WLS. :confused::confused::confused:

After, going to information sessions and initial consultations, I finally met my doctor in August. I was initially interested in getting the Lap-Band, however, because of my weight he said the Lap-Band was not recommended for people that were over 250 lbs. So we talked about the Sleeve surgery instead. I thought about it long and hard for a couple weeks and finally decided to go ahead with the sleeve. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was initially scheduled to have the sleeve surgery in October, but I had issues with my WBC count and they sent me for testing with a oncologist to make sure I didn't have cancer or a blood disease. So that all got cleared up. Then, I was scheduled for surgey on November 25th (I know, right before Turkey Day). But what the heck, I was ready for this new life. WELL, that got cancelled because the surgeon wanted to be sure he was in town in case of issues. :wave_cry::wave_cry::wave_cry: Then I got re-rescheduled for December 16th. Low and behold, then coordinator calls me Monday to say, they have to reschedule me again since the surgeon is over-booked- REALLY?????? I couldn't believe it!!! However, this time it was a good thing because I got rescheduled for one day sooner.

So FINALLY!!!!! I will be having my GS surgery on December 15th (like 12 days). I'm excited and nervous and this pre-op liquid diet is the pits!!! Purely satanic I tell you. But, I'm on day two and doing farely well. Thank God for popsicles to keep me sane! :D:D:D:D

I hope to get to know many of you going through the same journey and gain a real support system of people who truly understand, not just the surgery process, but the lifelong struggle of being fat and tired!

Peace & Blessings to you all!!!
:hug99:

Hi i wish you well on your pre op diet is it the milk pre op? Looks like we similar BMI's... im due to have my bypass 17th december i have started pre op a few days early tho due mainly to few pound weight gain :( this is a really great forum for help and support :D

Hi, good luck on your pre op diet! My bypass is on 10th Dec and I've been on milk/fruit/yog and veg diet for 2 weeks. So sick of it now, but some have worse lol. X

Good luck with your pre op diet and surgery. Hope all goes well. I'm having mine on 11th and am also on pre op diet too!

Hi, good luck on your pre op diet! My bypass is on 10th Dec and I've been on milk/fruit/yog and veg diet for 2 weeks. So sick of it now, but some have worse lol. X

Oh wow only a few more days. Good luck with your procedure and new weight loss journey. I'm already sick of it and I have 11 more days to go, pre-op anyway. I'll be glad when the cravings go away. :cry:

Hi i wish you well on your pre op diet is it the milk pre op? Looks like we similar BMI's... im due to have my bypass 17th december i have started pre op a few days early tho due mainly to few pound weight gain :( this is a really great forum for help and support :D

Thank you. I'm on a clear liquid diet with protein shakes. If I drink milk it has to be skim. I'm basically drinking soup, broth, crystal light, coffee, sugar free Popsicles, etc. I'm over it already. Lol

Hi. Hope all is going well for you. Wishing you well for your surgery tomorrow and looking forward to reading your success story

Hello ,just seen your thread ,looks like tomorrow is the big day! you must be so excited I know I was
very good luck and keep us posted on how your doing

Hi. Hope all is going well for you. Wishing you well for your surgery tomorrow and looking forward to reading your success story

Thank you! Tomorrow is the big day. I'll be at the hospital at 8am. Excited and still a bit nervous, but mostly excited. I'll be posting soon!

Hello ,just seen your thread ,looks like tomorrow is the big day! you must be so excited I know I was
very good luck and keep us posted on how your doing

Wow 88 lbs in 3 months! That's amazing. I'm hoping have similar results. Thank you!!! I'll be sure to post soon.

Back