• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just Curious

Wibble

I was just wondering if anyone else when on a full scale foody blow-out before they went on their pre-op diet?
The week before I went on mine I most certainly did. Monday - Chinese, Tuesday - Thai, and so on. I think now I was saying goodbye, as if you asked me to do that again now, well, I couldn't for a start and even better, I wouldn't actually want to. I think that counts as an NSV.(I'm learning!)

Hello there to be honest I didnt have any last blow outs because I wanted to cut back on the "naughty" foods to make it easier on myself, I have known many that do have their last "goodbye" meals etc - Each to their own I think. Wishing you all the best BD xx

I didn't have any blowouts either, from the day of my consultation and the 5 weeks leading up to my surgery I worked the other way and started changing what and how I was eating ahead of going onto the pre-op diet. For me, it was something that helped me prepare not only for the milk diet, but also for the liquid diet post op. I needed to make those positive changes.

I didn't have a blow out because even after the surgery, you can still eat a bit of your fave foods. 7 weeks on I managed to have some chinese take-away. Ok so I have never eaten so little in my life, but it went down, stayed down and I was happy. I was told I would be able to continue to eat most things but just in much smaller quantities and that's exactly what's happened. :)

In retrospect, I think I was was saying goodbye to the old ways of my eating - getting it out of my system so to speak.

Wibble said:
I was just wondering if anyone else when on a full scale foody blow-out before they went on their pre-op diet?
The week before I went on mine I most certainly did. Monday - Chinese, Tuesday - Thai, and so on. I think now I was saying goodbye, as if you asked me to do that again now, well, I couldn't for a start and even better, I wouldn't actually want to. I think that counts as an NSV.(I'm learning!)

I did the same as you this week! Had all my favourites and some...lol...even Christmas pud since, I won't B able to eat any this year...Am glad I did though Coz am starving on my pre-op diet! Only just started it today and it's really hard going! How's u doing? X

Sent from my Samsung galaxy note

I'm going good ta! I was just thinking retrospectively as I'm 2.5 years out and was reminiscing! Would not want to be on the pre-op diet again for all the tea in China.

I have had a huge blow out but now regretting it not only gave I put on loads I feel groggy and rubbish!

No blow out but only because I suddenly thought I was being irrational LOL

Came out of my meeting with the Surgeon on Friday 4th January with an op date of the 14th January! panic mod and said to my husband back on Milk Diet immediately but I have got to have something now something really nice lets go food shopping??? Obviously being the rational man he is he didnt say a word until we were nearly at Asda then he said what about a healthy option as your last meal forever :) lol

Thinking about it now makes me laugh all that hard work to weigh less for surgery and there I was contemplating pigging out? Crazy lol

I had 2 slices of pizza the day before my milk diet. I was already eating healthy and cut out fats and carbs so allowed myself to have them for dinner. Looking back I should of had four lol

Going for the balloon in 2 weeks and have no intention of having a last blow out before the insert. I sort of did that at christmas and new year but even then I was frightened to go all the way just in case I undid all the hard work I had put in before with my weightloss. For me sensible eating & portion control began the day after my first meeting at Ross Hall. :).. not letting on what I ate on the night of that first meeting though:D

Last edited:
I am not doing an enforced pre-op diet, just low carbing, high protein and I started this last sunday. However the week before I found myself cooking my favourite meals and on the saturday night cooked a chinese banquet for us and friends. Now I am sat here with a beef casserole in slow cooker and am that hungry I feel I could eat my arm off, but that will definately not be low fat lol.

Hi all, i am having my band fitted on 14th march i am so confused about what to eat or not to eat! i don't know what pre-op diet to do as i am being told by different people at THG to do different diets! i am so hungry i am so scared that i am not strong enough for this! i know i got to do this as my size is restricting my life but knowing this dos'nt seem to be enough to stop me eating what i should'nt ! i am so unhappy.

Carebear I'm with THG being banded this Sunday my surgeon told me to do the milk diet for 1 week, I would suggest you follow what your surgeon says after all he is the one performing the op x

It will be a "parmo" for me, hope I can still enjoy a tiny portion of these after the op!
Its a north east / M'bro thing x

It will be a "parmo" for me, hope I can still enjoy a tiny portion of these after the op!
Its a north east / M'bro thing x

I had to google. Sounds nice and I hope you enjoy.

I would like to have one final meal out. Fillet steak is my thing and I understand red meat is problematic post weight loss surgery. So I shall go out and enjoy one final fillet steak dinner. Along with the bottle of champagne in the fridge as I assume champagne is off the menu too... :cry: But I know the sacrifices will be worth it :eek: x x

Date dependent! I haven't had a drink since New Years Eve, and the thought of not drinking for ages doesn't bother me. But I will miss this M'bro delicacy!!!!

Back