• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just Curious

fjsinc

Anyone else noticed a difference in peoples reaction to the prospect of you having surgery depending on whether its NHS or Private?

I'm being very open about having it now. I figure might as well start explaining now to get my practice in. :secret:

One thing I didn't expect is the number of people who have asked me whether I'm going private. When I say no, I've been through the long and stressful process of gaining NHS funding. Two things struck which I didn't expect. One that the referral procedure seems to be one people actually know about. And second, it seems that people are very accepting when you say its NHS, almost like it legitimises the whole process and makes me a 'worthy' candidate. I even had one colleague say "well you obviously have a medical reason for your weight then".

On a side note, I haven't had a single bad reaction yet, very encouraging.

I'm going a bit :argh: waiting for a date now, all I know is that will be January or February.

I wasn't upfront about it and told only a very few people. The original intention was that I was going via the NHS but it all went wrong and I got fed up waiting so went Private. Those that I had told were incredibly supportive (bar one!) and didn't care if I went NHS or Private as long as it happened as they knew I needed it. Btw, the person who wasn't as supportive as she could have been is now eating her hat.

We had a Lady come into work and told us she was getting.surgery on nhs. As soon as she left they complained about why they the taxpayer should fund her gluttony! I was shocked and said.Did it Also mean the Same for smokers alcoholics etc but they were furious about it but nice and sympathetic to her face! Am going probaré and def not Telling them.was sooooo disappointed in them.

yes i used to play darts and 2 ladies had wls on the nhs, here back was turned some People siad better thing could be done with the money, Then as weeks went by it was you did the wrong thing you have lost to much weight you look older and a lot more crap. The lesses that were saying this were them selves over weight thats why i have not told anyone yet ill tell who needs to no when im ready.

I have only told family and close friends, who have all been suppotive, everyone else at work thinks I'm going for my gallbladder removed! Which is kinda true as that was started my referral. I'm not sure what I will tell people post op, il cross that bridge when I come to it!!!! I have my op on Tuesday, I am on the NHS put going to a private hospital.

Back