• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

just my luck

christine77

:) so i come in from work and theres an appointment letter waiting from sunderland yes i thought this is it, they have brought forward my next appointment from the 20th Dec i was so excited i mean nearly jumping up and down - i ripped open the letter and yes they have brought forward my appointment - by 5 minutes. yes thats right 5 flaming minutes what use is that to me.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
hubbie says my face was the funniest thing hes seen in ages :8855: not happy will my turn ever come

That's insane! xx

omg thats stupid, Have you rang them and said if theres any cancelations to contact you?x

I went through the same thing and i rang every week for a cancellation in the end id gone from having consultation on the 24th december to having the op on the 16th december ! so keep bugging them as much as possible and get that cancellation x

hhmm im stumped why SRH would do that :eek: seems daft lol

well the wording of the letter is a bit strange saying my appointment with mr smalls clinic is cancelled and instead to report to outpatients ( the same place ) i am wondering if they have changed me to the new consultant they are meant to have employed if so im not sure how i feel about it cos i really like Mr S and Mr B - i wonder if i should ring them tomorrow

well the wording of the letter is a bit strange saying my appointment with mr smalls clinic is cancelled and instead to report to outpatients ( the same place ) i am wondering if they have changed me to the new consultant they are meant to have employed if so im not sure how i feel about it cos i really like Mr S and Mr B - i wonder if i should ring them tomorrow

give them a ring but i think the new surgeon so far is only dealing with banding, ring any way put your mind at ease x x

If you are with the new surgeon hes very nice too, ive done a couple of seminars with him x

lol, sooooo not funny I know, but that sort of thing happens to me too...it was the quote: 'hubbie says my face was the funniest thing he's seen in ages' that made me giggle.....know totally how you feel but take the advise of everyone else...keep phoning & badgering...it WILL happen xxx

probably cost more to send the letter out. and hospitals give you the appointment and we always end up waiting an hour or two more too see them anyway. Hope it works out for you . Rob

What a waste of a stamp and your husband was awful to laugh, i'm ashamed i laughed at your five minute queue jump too.............

Blooming hospitals really are dipsticks aint they?

Good luck with the badgering and if you are unsure about doing it then remember this famous quote my grandad used to quote at us as kids.... ''the squeaky wheel gets oiled''

xxx

phoned them and yes it is correct my appointment has been moved forward by 5 minutes , once i got through to the secretary and she stopped laughing she said i should be receiving another appointment in the next few weeks as everything is coming forward - yippee although she did add with a laugh maybe 5 minutes is you being brought forward ( sorry i didnt join in the laugh with her ) so anyway i have to ring back in 2 weeks if i havent heard anything , you never know next time it might be 10 minutes

its a good job i can laugh at it all !!!!!!!!!

i hope the next letter is better news x

me too - any news on a date yet or any news of a cancellation for you

ive been told i have to wait the full 18weeks since i was put on the waiting list which was may 5th, this takes me up to September 8th, which i guess isnt to bad and my son wil then be back at school after the summer break, the wait is hard as i have no restriction but i shall wait my turn just like everyone else has to the time will be here before i know it x

i got a letter today telling me i've been brought forward by an hour for my appointment on monday, nice that is earlier but cant help wondering what would have happened if i hadn't received my rather late notification in time!

Back