• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just out of curiosity ?

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi guys well as some of you might know i am following the wls path at the mo and have my info session at the Whit on July 30th.
Was just wondering how many of us are still following a diet which ever it may be whilst we are waiting for surgery.
I am at the mo on Xenical just my first week lol but have been back on track for the past 4 weeks and have lost 20.5 lbs in 4 weeks.
I dont want to lose to much a i dont want the consultant or pct to look at my referral letter and say " u have done so well why dont u just carry on without surgery"
At the mo i am aiming at a stone a month which is a slow and steady loss as i def want to be much healthier by the time my op comes round if and when that may be lol.
Was just wondering what others are doing or have done along ur wls journey.
Take care luv Roch xxx

Hi Roch

I dieted down for 2 years before my surgery using WW. At 29 stone 11lbs I was too afraid to have surgery. When I saw Mr Somers I was 21stone, I told him about the diet and asked if I lost more weight etc would it jeopardise my op. He was fine and said it made me likely to have an easier op. The only difference is I was self funded but you will still be within the BMA range in the BOSPA criteria by July so should be fine.

Hope it all goes well for you

M

I am trying to eat heathly. I think for a many we are advised to lose some weight before wls. I was told to lose 7kg, I'm about 2 1/2kg away. I'm in no rush unless, I wasn't given a time limit. I'm happy to lose 1-2lb a week.

Your hospital maybe different, I was told they take my first weigh in & BMI and what you lose will not stop you having surgery. I was told weight lost will only make the op safer for me.

I wouldn't call a stone a month slow :eek:. I lost a stone a month on a VLCD and that was considered quick :).

Hi Roch

I dieted down for 2 years before my surgery using WW. At 29 stone 11lbs I was too afraid to have surgery. When I saw Mr Somers I was 21stone, I told him about the diet and asked if I lost more weight etc would it jeopardise my op. He was fine and said it made me likely to have an easier op. The only difference is I was self funded but you will still be within the BMA range in the BOSPA criteria by July so should be fine.

Hope it all goes well for you

M

Hi CCPM i know exactly how u felt as i was offered surgery last year paid for by my uncle and i turned it down as i was very worried that i would not make it through surgery at 27 stone.
Although i am now 25.7 and going down i already feel so much better and only 20 lbs down.
Well done on getting to 21 stone b4 ur op that was fab.
Thanks hun and take care xxx

I am trying to eat heathly. I think for a many we are advised to lose some weight before wls. I was told to lose 7kg, I'm about 2 1/2kg away. I'm in no rush unless, I wasn't given a time limit. I'm happy to lose 1-2lb a week.

Your hospital maybe different, I was told they take my first weigh in & BMI and what you lose will not stop you having surgery. I was told weight lost will only make the op safer for me.

I wouldn't call a stone a month slow :eek:. I lost a stone a month on a VLCD and that was considered quick :).

Hi hun i am not sure about what weigh in they take but i would presume it would be the same as that is when they apply for funding.
I know with my pct after you see the consultant you have to lose 10% of ur bodyweight b4 u can go on the waiting list.
As i am so heavy a stone a month is not so much as i still weigh 25.7 now.
I def aggree 1/2 lbs a week is a good loss and will def make ur surgery easier and minimise complications.
Take care hun and chat soon xxxx

Hi I am on xenical but I don't seem to be shifting on my scales.

Hi Sharon i have been on a low cal low fat diet now for practically 5 weeks the first 4 weeks i had not been taking Xenical and lost 20.5lbs and only the past 5 days been on Xenical.
Our weights are very much the same well i was 27.1 5 weeks ago but now 25,.7.
Can i ask you how many cals a day and fat grms a day you are having and are you drinking enough water.
Hope you dont mind me asking you take care Sharon and chat soon xxxx

I don't know how many cals or fat but I don't eat anything over 5g of fat per 100g. Here is an example of what I have breakfast bowl of special k sustain with skimmed milk and a coffee, lunch usually a packet of ainsley harriot less than 1% fat couscous, then when I get in from work I might have a slice of bread and ham or some fruit, then dinner is usually something like chicken, potatoes and veg. In the evening I might have a low fat cereal bar or a muller light yog or a few haribo. I drink water through the day and sugar free squash or diet coke in the evening although I have always been told I don't drink enough. I don't mind you asking at all that is what this is all about everyone is in the same boat and understand each other. What would you normally have in a day? Take care love Sharron xx

I don't know how many cals or fat but I don't eat anything over 5g of fat per 100g. Here is an example of what I have breakfast bowl of special k sustain with skimmed milk and a coffee, lunch usually a packet of ainsley harriot less than 1% fat couscous, then when I get in from work I might have a slice of bread and ham or some fruit, then dinner is usually something like chicken, potatoes and veg. In the evening I might have a low fat cereal bar or a muller light yog or a few haribo. I drink water through the day and sugar free squash or diet coke in the evening although I have always been told I don't drink enough. I don't mind you asking at all that is what this is all about everyone is in the same boat and understand each other. What would you normally have in a day? Take care love Sharron xx

Hi Sharon my food choices go something like this.

Breaky
1/2 cup of special k with an apple and some other fruit and either some ss milk or a shape fuller fat free yog.

Lunch
A bagel with 1/2 tsp of clover, 2 slices of turkey breast and salad and a shape fuller yog
or
A few slices of turkey breast with some lettuce,toms,cuc, fat free vinagrette,2 spears of pickled cucumber and low fat coleslaw bout 2 tablespoons, and a fat free fuller yog

Dinner
WW 3 cheese and cherry tom pizza (its my new addiction and i luv it could eat it every night just add loads of coarse black pepepr lol)
or
A tesco low fat meal about 400 cals no more than 2/3 grms of fat per 100grms or 7/8 grms of fat for the whole meal

Snacks
2 apples

Water
2/3 litres of no added sugar squash

Cals for the day from 900/1200
Fat for the day no more that 15/18 grms

It has worked well for me the past 4 weeks and tbh i am not hungry in between and if i feel a bit peckish will have an apple.
I must admit i have been very strict with myself and really limited portion sizes as i am sooooo unhappy and desperate to lose the weight now.
I think ur diet looks ok but its hard when you dont know the cals and portion sizes.
Of course everyone is individual and loses weight differently, have you tried maybe cutting out some of the carbs and replacing it with more protein and veg like maybe for lunch have a nice big ham/chicken salad instead of the cous cous and cut out the sandwich in the afternoon b4 dinner and replace it with a fat free yog or some fruit and alot of women find that if they cut out some of the carbs the weight seems to shift faster.

Hope your having a good weekend Sharon am off now to do some housework and walk my dogs, have sent you a pm.
Take care and chat soon luv Roch xxxx

Hi guys well as some of you might know i am following the wls path at the mo and have my info session at the Whit on July 30th.
Was just wondering how many of us are still following a diet which ever it may be whilst we are waiting for surgery.
I am at the mo on Xenical just my first week lol but have been back on track for the past 4 weeks and have lost 20.5 lbs in 4 weeks.
I dont want to lose to much a i dont want the consultant or pct to look at my referral letter and say " u have done so well why dont u just carry on without surgery"
At the mo i am aiming at a stone a month which is a slow and steady loss as i def want to be much healthier by the time my op comes round if and when that may be lol.
Was just wondering what others are doing or have done along ur wls journey.
Take care luv Roch xxx

Hi Roch

I had my first group meeting at Kings the other night and I asked exactly that question to my surgeon...He said that it would show that we are committed...When I mentioned staying within the BMI levels, he said not to worry about it besides which even if we lost a lot of weight prior to surgery we'd put it all back on without the surgery.....So they do know and they do understand.

He did say however, that it's not a good idea to lose loads of weight because the joins don't heal as well.

Good luck

Let us know how you get on.

{{Hugs}}

Hi Roch

I had my first group meeting at Kings the other night and I asked exactly that question to my surgeon...He said that it would show that we are committed...When I mentioned staying within the BMI levels, he said not to worry about it besides which even if we lost a lot of weight prior to surgery we'd put it all back on without the surgery.....So they do know and they do understand.

He did say however, that it's not a good idea to lose loads of weight because the joins don't heal as well.

Good luck

Let us know how you get on.

{{Hugs}}

Thank you hun that puts my mind to rest how did ur meeting go. Take care and chat soon xxxx

Thank you hun that puts my mind to rest how did ur meeting go. Take care and chat soon xxxx

The meeting went fine...It was informative and the surgeon was easy going and happy to answer the many questions some of us had to ask.

Don't worry about asking questions either because if you don't you;ll come away wishing you had...lol...Lot's of people were shy to speak up...

We saw a slide show and he went through all the different operations.

I did have a thread somewhere on Mini's called 'Just Got Back From My Group Meeting' I wrote about it all there.

Lots of luck with it all

{hugs}

The meeting went fine...It was informative and the surgeon was easy going and happy to answer the many questions some of us had to ask.

Don't worry about asking questions either because if you don't you;ll come away wishing you had...lol...Lot's of people were shy to speak up...

We saw a slide show and he went through all the different operations.

I did have a thread somewhere on Mini's called 'Just Got Back From My Group Meeting' I wrote about it all there.

Lots of luck with it all

{hugs}

Thanks hun will check it out so urs was like an info group session, i have mine on the 30th July at the Whittington.
Take care xx

Back