• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New pic of me !!

callysplace

Just wondering if any bypassers have or are suffering from the same problem I have at the mo. Now I know that the majority of us have suffered with the dreaded puking after overeating or having the wrong type of food, but last week I started to get these horrible waves of sickness that ended up with me retching, it never happens after I have had food but at the strangest momants, its just happened again and I last ate two hours ago! I dont have any stomach pains or dumping feelings, it just comes from no where. I was so worried I even took a pregnancy test to check but that aint it!! So is this just me or have any of you lovely ladies/gents had the same thing?

Last edited:
Hi Cally :)

I've not had a bypass but I couldn't read your post and not reply. I'm sorry you're feeling unwell and I'm sure someone with more experience will be along shortly.

Just a thought, but maybe if this doesn't ease tonight you should call your GP surgery? It may not be related to the bypass possibly.

Hope you feel better soon and take care,

Lacey..xx :)

Hiya

Yes i know what it is as i suffered from it aswell.

Ask for more anti acid tabs take one at night 1 in the morning. As you are getting a bit of acid reflux.

also ask formaxolon tablets 10mg (metoclopramide)
these will take away the feeling of sickness aswell.

You wont have it too long but both these medicenes will help releave it.

i had mine from about 1 month when it came.

But untill you get the medicenes take sea sickness tablets they will take the edge off the sickness and the reaching.

I hope all is well soon

Mark

Thankd isis, thank you mark, Im a bit perplexed about the anti acid tablets I was never prescribed them or told to take them. Which ones do you take? Will phone my nurse tomorrow and have a chat with her about the other meds that you mentioned. How long did it last for in your case? and did your docs just put it down to too much acid? sorry to pester but had another small episode earlier on and its a bit strange to say the least!

Hi

Yes it is down to too much acid . and it is fairly bad for them not to give you anti acids.

I started on
Zoton dispersible Lansoprazole Tabs

Then over to
Lansorazole capsules after about 6 weeks.

But untill you get your meds do go and gets some sea sickness tablets it will help alot and my doctors from the reasearch center said it was a good thing to think of doing when i was feeling sick.

If you have any question plz ask im mor ethen happy with helping

Mark

I was told that the Zoton is one of the most important pills to take as it protects your new pouch! I'd get to your GP asap and ask for them. Are you on any iron or vitamin supplements?

Yep on vits and minerals, was told to take anti acid tablets if i felt some heartburn, but not told to take them regularly, will have word with nurse asap. Reading most peoples posts I seem to have had totaly different prescriptions to what they have had! This sickness has only just started and otherwise I have had no other problems, thanks for the advice will pester again if any more problems!

caroline ive not had a bypass or banding but what you are describing is what i suffered whilst on lipotrim. I didnt have any reflux or heart burn just an overwhelming sence of nausea after i had been on it for about 5 weeks. I used to get that awful watery sensation in my mouth that you get just befor being sick although i was never sick. when i spoke to lipotrim they thought it was due to my body dealing with being in ketosis for so long. I recently did the atkins diet and experianced exactly the same increasing my water intake helped but it did just eventually pass.

You know that makes more sense than the heartburn (my nurse spoke to me for quite a while and didnt think it was down to heartburn as I had no other syptoms) It conicides with a dramatic weight loss I had in the last few weeks, six pounds one week and five pounds the next, and the symptoms you describe are more or less what Im suffering with. I havent had any more episodes for the last few days so hope that it has calmed down!! Thanks for your help hun!! xxx

Hi I would agree with what others have said it sounds like reflux. when i have forgotten to take my lanzoprezole i too get the waves of sickness but when i take it regularily i'm fine. can't believe you weren't prescribed anything. hope you get things sorted and the sickness passes x

Hi,

I hope you are feeling better? I am so shocked that you were not prescribed an antacid to take regularly after surgery. Am I right in thinking that we are prescribed them to prevent ulcers in our new pouch and intestines? I have been told to take mine for 3 months, but I know some are told to take them for 6! Also I have heard about pouch flu! I hope you are feeling better though, and your sickness has passed.

Best wishes,

Kel xx

yup Kel my understanding is that they protect the pouch particularly around the new 'seams' as they are prone to ulceration and erosion.

When I saw my consultant and he saw I was on Lansoprazole already, he told me that I would probably stay on them for a few months after I get the Op. I sometimes get ur symptoms and I aint had my op yet!! :(

hey cally how u doing hun, 1st thing is to stop eating all u do lol, u know wot i mean u naughty girl lol, xxx

Just to let you know that I havent had any more episodes of the horrible sickness for the last two weeks, contacted my surgeon and was told that he didnt regularly prescribe antiacids for cases like myself as I have never suffered from heartburn or indigestion, but I was informed that it is now recomended routinely for the op. Hedidnt feel that it was to do with acid reflux and was more to do with the large weight loss that I have had, most people have weight loss of half a stone a month and I have been avereriging over a stone . So note to all those that are going to have the op ask about the antiacid tablets!

Glad the sickness has gone Caroline, and well done on your massive weightloss so far - 84lbs is something to be very proud of xx

Glad the sickness has gone Caroline, and well done on your massive weightloss so far - 84lbs is something to be very proud of xx

Thanks ali, I never expected the weight to come off so quickly as it has, It goes without saying its totaly changed my life, I have discovered I have bones on my body and not just layers of fat!! All I have to do now is convince my brain that Im not the size I used to be.
Well done on your weight loss as well I bet you are feeling the benifits?

well Im hoping that I have correctly uploaded a pic of myself on this page to show you how I look 84lb's down!! Sorry about the mess in the back ground Im in the middle of having a huge clear out and the house looks like a war zone!!!!

Attachments

• me three months after the op!.JPG
    me three months after the op!.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 32
WOW caroline you fox!

Back