• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Just over seven and half years sleeved.

I used to be on here all the time, but this is the first time in a loooonnnng time!

In February I will have been sleeved for 8 years. I started off at 252 (although before the start of my surgery journey I had reached 300 pounds). In the first 18 months I got down to 119 pounds and since then have never gone above 127 pounds. My dress size is usually a size 8 and I can wear pretty much anything I want (age appropriate ... ish!)

During that time I have played by all the rules and kept up exercise and eating sensibly. Two years ago I had my gallbladder removed. Last year I had foot surgery to remove a couple of broken bone fragments. I am now waiting to have a total knee replacement - it should have happened last Monday, but I had a kidney infection and it has now been delayed until the 6th November.

Despite the surgeries, I have managed to keep the weight off. I am able to work full time. I play with my grandtwins. I fly over to Cologne regularly to see my other two grandbabies.

I'm 58 and feel younger than I did twenty years ago - even with the excess skin. I may have skin removal surgery next year, but that depends on how well I recover from my knee surgery - I don't want to put my body under too much stress.

Basically, I am not posting for congratulations - I am posting to say that this is the best thing I could have done for myself. If you get the opportunity to have the surgery, think about it long and hard and decide if you are willing to commit yourself to it. It's not a walk in the park, it needs to be worked at. If you use the surgery as a tool, you can be successful.

Good luck and love to all xx

Hannah2

Thank you @tiarasandtantrums it is so good to hear back from longtermers to see how people are doing further out on their journey.

Good luck with your knee surgery. @SAM55 has just had the same surgery.

Well done and all the best!

Maria61

I used to be on here all the time, but this is the first time in a loooonnnng time!

In February I will have been sleeved for 8 years. I started off at 252 (although before the start of my surgery journey I had reached 300 pounds). In the first 18 months I got down to 119 pounds and since then have never gone above 127 pounds. My dress size is usually a size 8 and I can wear pretty much anything I want (age appropriate ... ish!)

During that time I have played by all the rules and kept up exercise and eating sensibly. Two years ago I had my gallbladder removed. Last year I had foot surgery to remove a couple of broken bone fragments. I am now waiting to have a total knee replacement - it should have happened last Monday, but I had a kidney infection and it has now been delayed until the 6th November.

Despite the surgeries, I have managed to keep the weight off. I am able to work full time. I play with my grandtwins. I fly over to Cologne regularly to see my other two grandbabies.

I'm 58 and feel younger than I did twenty years ago - even with the excess skin. I may have skin removal surgery next year, but that depends on how well I recover from my knee surgery - I don't want to put my body under too much stress.

Basically, I am not posting for congratulations - I am posting to say that this is the best thing I could have done for myself. If you get the opportunity to have the surgery, think about it long and hard and decide if you are willing to commit yourself to it. It's not a walk in the park, it needs to be worked at. If you use the surgery as a tool, you can be successful.

Good luck and love to all xx
Congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your incredible and inspirational story xxx

Bling Babe

What an inspiration, thank you that’s really helpful and very very well done xxxx

slimkim

That's a great post. I'm happy its worked for you long term and through illnesses.